Panasonic CQ-VD7700U - Install problems, Speakers dont work!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

xstatic26x
10+ year member

Trying to install in-dash DVD player but the cars speakers aren't working now, help!!?

I recently purchased a Panasonic CQ-VD7700U for my '99 Toyota Celica. I had previously installed a Sony Headunit in this car w/o any issues. The unit powers on and I can hear my subwoofer playing -- but nothing from the speakers! My car does have an internal amplifier built in so I am using a METRA 70-8112 TOYOTA 15-PIN AMPLIFIER INTERGRATION HARNESS which I was using for the old headunit as well. I double checked my wiring, it seems correct (but let it be known I am a novice at this stuff so suggestions are welcome and appreciated) -- and the unit isn't set to MUTE. Any ideas why the speakers in the car are not playing?

I did not have the remote wire hooked up properly (another member suggested I check that) and it works pretty well. I was a little up in the air about how I'd like the "flip out" screen but it is very steady and easy to use. I really like the unit overall--extremely easy to use and navigate through. The only drawback I have found was that it only has a single mono sub pre out -- I don't really care since I am using a mono amplifier anyway but I would imagine that would be a turn off for some people. It was relatively inexpensive too--picked it up on ebay for about 300.

Screen quality is also excellent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xstatic26x

10+ year member
xstatic26x
Belchertown, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from