passive crossover placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

cronic
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello, I am currently installing the following components in my restored 1973 Toyota FJ40.

CD7000 HU

PRO650 AMP

SLC265 FRONTS

SL165 REARS

RFD1212 SUB

In all others systems I have ever installed with passive crossovers I have just put them in the kick panel on each side. In this particular setup their is no place to hide the passive crossover on the drivers side that is convenient to get to. I put the passenger's side on the wall of the glove compartment and that worked out great. My question is, can I put the drivers side passive crossover in the passenger side glove compartment without hurting the sound. I guess a better way to ask the question is does it matter if there is approximately 6 feet more wire between the passive crossover and the speakers on the drivers side than the passenger side? I am currently planning on running 16 awg speaker wire.

you can put them wherever they fit, so long as you don't put them somewhere they'll get wet (like in the doors) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.