peel & seal

Here's the definitive guide. I used to work at NASA. PnS is all we use.

PnS works awesome for the money.

Heat it up first. Real deadner needs to be hot before it goes down.

Use mulitple layers. More is better. You can never have enough. Mass is most important.

Real deadner has that enticing "tar' effervescence. You you know it's working cause you can smell it working.

Cover all sheet metal completely. 100% coverage is really 200% coverage if you understand damping kinmatics.

All peal-n-seal is created equal. All deader is is just peal-n-seal. Buy the cheapest. Don't get fooled by rip off products.

PM if you need anymore tips. I got tons.

Use mulitple layers. More is better. You can never have enough. Mass is most important.

Real deadner has that enticing "tar' effervescence. You you know it's working cause you can smell it working.

Cover all sheet metal completely. 100% coverage is really 200% coverage if you understand damping kinmatics.

All peal-n-seal is created equal. All deader is is just peal-n-seal. Buy the cheapest. Don't get fooled by rip off products.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/cld

Everything you said goes against what is stated here. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying most will trust a guy with a company more than a guy on the internet who says he worked at NASA.

Again, not trying to start an argument, just an informed discussion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/cld
Everything you said goes against what is stated here. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying most will trust a guy with a company more than a guy on the internet who says he worked at NASA.

Again, not trying to start an argument, just an informed discussion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Lolers. What a bunch of cockamamie snake oil ********. Who does that guy think he is? Gee, type up some crap to get people excited to buy your overpriced products. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Again, NASA engineer, here. Why hate?

There are loads of guys on this forum that say PnS works. I highly doubt you can argue against them all.

Not attempting to hate, I am simply stating that unless you post up a picture of your degree in engineering with your screen name near it, most people here will just dismiss you as a, for lack of better terminology, attention *****.

Not saying I don't believe you, to be honest I don't trust any sound deadener salespeople, but people in general will believe a person with a company more than you.

I have used pns before and no problems at all, and it worked just fine.. so you may be on to something

i have used it as well and no problems at all.... it is a bit thin though so u may want to double or tiple up in some areas.

as far as smell.... after it was installed i never smelled it again.

i am starting to become a fan of fatmat to now.... price is right and sometimes u can catch it on sale ... i bought 100sqft for $70 shipped last year.

i used to always use dynamat extreme but its way too expensive.

^^ see what I'm saying here. It works.

Why are there so many using PnS for deadner like ED, Sound Destroyer, FatMat, and tons of others you can get for great deals on eBay? Maybe because they finally came to their senses and marketed their roofing products to us for OUR benefit? Yea.

Butyl is so 2009. If you want performance, look no further than the roofing department at your local home improvement store. Tar is the future...why do you think we send it into space and have been since the Cold War???

Constraining layer, conshraming layer. No evidence it's even needed.

Also, all the science on damping is paid in full. It's a conspiracy. All the anecdotes on this forum and others is what we should be paying attention to.

I have used P N S on a few builds now, I find Dynamat extreme to be way better and less headaches. only because for a larger area, the dynamat comes in a Huge area, and its thick, works better, I did use PnS for my doors though, and meh, the smell is only apparent for a few days, not for hte life of the install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.