Picking component speakers for my car

Participant count
  • Participant list

black_hawk_8819

Hello all! I am new to car audio and wanted to get some opinions and recommendations for a set of speakers. I am looking into either getting a set of 5 1/4 inch or 6 3/4 inch components. Is there that much of a difference between the two in sound quality?

My car currently has an Alpine UTE-52BT head unit, JL Audio 10W0v3-4 Subwoofer, and a Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Amp.

The speakers I have been looking at the most are the Alpine SPR-50C and Alpine SPR-60C. Are these speakers any good or does anybody have any recommendations for a good set of components in the $150 range?

Thanks in advance!

I drive a 2006 Ford Taurus. I am planning on only putting the components in my doors. The speaker slots in the doors are 6x8.
A bigger woofer has advantages, so 6x8 components would be great. Your options there are limited, so between the two sets you listed I'd try to make SPR-60C work rather than SPR-50C.

JBL GTO8608C should be a good set, although JBL seems to have discontinued that model. It's still available online from other sources.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.