Pioneer DEH-P9800BT won’t play my ipod

Tom565

PA
Hi. I have a DEH-P9800BT head unit and I can’t seem to get my 5th generation ipod to work with it. I bought an iPod Adapter Cable CD-IB100 Interface (just the cord). I plugged it into the back of the head unit and tied the red wire into a switched power and the back wire to ground. When I hit the “source” button on the headunit, there is no ipod option there. Just the regular ones like the “tuner” and “compact disk”. Any ideas? In the manual it says you should see and ipod link when you hit “source” and you have your ipod hooked up.

Are you sure you need that adapter cable? I have a DEH-P7000BT and all I have to do is hook up the cable that came with the ipod into the usb on the radio and it recognizes it right away. Try hooking it up while the radio or a cd is already playing. It should switch over to the iPod when you connect it.

I pulled the unit out and there is no USB port on the back. There is a "AUX" hole though, do you think I could get a cord and plug my ipod into this?

I pulled the unit out and there is no USB port on the back. There is a "AUX" hole though, do you think I could get a cord and plug my ipod into this?
I'm sure you could use the aux input but you wouldn't be able to control the iPod from the radio. I just looked it up and it says "iPod Adapter Ready with New Full Control" so it looks like you do need an adapter. Do you think that you have the wrong one, maybe?

You can use a 3.5mm mini rca male to male cable. You plug the cable into the back of the head unit, and the other end into the headphone jack of the ipod. You will have to control the Ipod from the Ipod, and it won't charge. Even if you buy the CD-IB100II, you have to check the Ipod compatibility. It SHOULD play all Ipods, but it WILL NOT charge all Ipods.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to turn the iPod function on in the menu.
There is no Ipod function in the menu. There's Aux #1, and Aux #2. He bought half of what he needed on E-bay. He bought the cable that comes with the CD-IB100II. He needs to buy the other half of the CD-IB100II...the box. You need to buy the CD-IB100II as stated above (the complete package) for complete Ipod control. I've got the Premier version of this head unit, and it's sad that you have to buy all of the "add-on" boxes (USB/Ipod/HD radio) for what this h/u costs!

Ah ok, I agree, if the 980BT had USB built in I would have a couple.
I have the P980BT, and the USB controller, and the HD radio tuner. My wife bought me a Nano 6g for Christmas, now I'm looking at another $100 for the Ipod controller. Pioneer's Ipod controller WILL NOT charge a 5g/6g Nano, so I'll have to spend another $50 to get an adapter so it will charge. Instead, I just picked up a Kenwood Excelon X993 and installed it yesterday...The P980BT with all accessories may be on it's way out!

OKAY .. stop with the USB and AUX options. You need to buy the Pioneer CD IB100II. I have the 780MP, which a lower model to yours. I have the Pioneer CD IB100II and it works fine. I have played mostly every ipod that me or my friends had. Never had a problem with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tom565

Tom565
PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bradyg33