PLEEASE HELP I KNOW NOTHING

• Thread starter <dustinleavitt>
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K
&

<dustinleavitt>

I am trying to build a cheap system for the single cab truck. I want to spend around $250 are those legacy amps worth the money? and could i run 2 hyper pro 10's with a 1000 watt legacy amp? How much wattage do it need? I donot want to show off and i dont want to go deaf i was thinking of like 4 blue point 6.5's and two pyramid woofers is this a good choice?

Steer clear of discount stuff like Pyramid and Legacy. Real crap. Sound is unclean, uneven, and fades out if the amps get at all hot. If you only have 250 buy a new deck and save up some more money for new door speakers. Once you get into subs and amps, you'll be forced to spend more if you want anything of quality.

I agree with locomc...don't buy that crap. The only "cheap" brand that I found works not too bad is Lanzar. I would never buy it myself, but if I had that much money, I probably would settle for it.

I wouldn't recommend running subs with a cheap legacy amp. I have a what they call a 600W legacy amp really more like 30Wx4ch if lucky but it runs my front components and rear 6x9's fine. Most amplifiers sound just fine untill you run them to a point where a cheap design such as the legacy starts to create harmonic distrotion because the design doesn't correct for nonlinearities in the amplifier stages such as in higher quality amplifiers.

i would suggest a resonable priced higher quality amp and one sub 10" or 12" most likely 10" because it is in a small cab and you are looking for some low end not earthshaking bass. Something in the 50W RMS to 100W RMS range would be fine for the amp. But remeber that the above rating is a true measurement. The higher the quality amplifier the more likely the power is stated correctly.

The better quality the sub the better it will sound at high power levels. The same goes for the subs

well, it seems to me that you're on a tight budget, and all the people here are trying to convince you to widen your budget, but if you are stuck on a 250 budget, then i say you just get that legacy amp. Get the 1200 watt one, cuz like plater said, the power is less than stated, then you can buy a decent subwoofer, say a fosgate HE. that should run you about 200 bucks, and after the box, 250. turn your gain down as low as possible because the amp will fry, but if you arent running the amp to, if you want to call it, it's fullest potential, then you should be alright.

If you want to keep the price down my suggestion is to start with a single sub.....lanzar's are cheap....pioneer or something along those lines will be worth the little money you will spend for them....the will last longer than boss, pyramid,legacy, crossfire etc. then you have room to upgrade to the second sub when the money comes. Try a pioneer amp maybe. If worst comes to worst even jensen amps aren't too bad to make a system work and sound decent

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.