power acoustik amp HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

ivarandri
10+ year member

iceland
i got soundstream rw 12 (600rms"1200w") and power acoustik ovn 4 "1200w" amp , and (2) soundstream rbt 653 (100rms) speakers,

and my bass isn't that much, i think i need to adjust it better and i don't know how ..

should i have the amp LPF, HPF, or FULL?

cause when im trying to configure it sometimes the speakers can only be heard, and sometimes only the subwoofer

the 2 ch that you have running your 6.5's should be set to hpf @ around 100hz or so.

The 2 that you have bridged for the sub should be set to lpf @ around 80is hz or so.

To be honest, that amp *may* give you about 60 wpc @ 4 ohms and you would be lucky to get

200 bridged.

That particular amp just dose not have the umph to run a sub IMO. Or at least yours, it may

do better with something "smaller" and more efficient

the 2 ch that you have running your 6.5's should be set to hpf @ around 100hz or so.
The 2 that you have bridged for the sub should be set to lpf @ around 80is hz or so.

To be honest, that amp *may* give you about 60 wpc @ 4 ohms and you would be lucky to get

200 bridged.

That particular amp just dose not have the umph to run a sub IMO. Or at least yours, it may

do better with something "smaller" and more efficient
hehe how do i know what 2 channel my speakers are running on?

and should i get new amp? (because that's no problem)

He's saying the 2 channel AMP that's running the speakers.

HPF for speakers

LPF for sub

Yes for new amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

welcome to the forum btwz

He's saying the 2 channel AMP that's running the speakers.
HPF for speakers

LPF for sub

Yes for new amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

welcome to the forum btwz
if im understanding this right.. you guys think i got 2 amps :p, i only got one amp running both speakers and the sub

what kind of sub you recommend? i've been thinking of 2500w Monoblock Evolution

if im understanding this right.. you guys think i got 2 amps :p, i only got one amp running both speakers and the sub
what kind of sub you recommend? i've been thinking of 2500w Monoblock Evolution
NO. we know what you are running. YOur not the first person to use a four channel amp that way.

You will wire it up and get 2 chanels @ 100watts rms at 4 ohms. and that is probly going to be even less according to the volume levels

When you bridge the rear channel you will only get 250watts rms @ 4 ohms. and that will probly be less as well. And it will definately be less than your recomended 600watts rms for that subs. (I assume you only have one sub?)(I hope)

If you bridge that amp and run it at 2 ohms it might get hot and shut down. With a dual 4 ohm sub, the only wiring options you have are 8 ohms and 2 ohms and that amp doesnt say it is 2 ohm stable in a mono bridge.. So, what I suggest is that you go buy a better amp for your sub.

sub specs

Sensitivity: 84 dB

RMS Power Range : 600 Watts

Peak Power Handling: 1200 Watts

Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm

Low Frequency response: 30 Hz

High Frequency Response: 400 Hz

Diameter: 12 Inch

amp specs

Gothic Series 4-Channel Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 250 watts x 2 chan.

Max power output: 1200 watts MOSFET power supply

Pulse width modulation circuitry

Remote bass level input (remote level control sold separately)

LED power indicators

Bass Boost (0-18 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)

Tri-Mode capable

4/3/2 channel operation

2 Ohm stereo, 4 ohm mono stable

Preamp RCA outputs

Low level inputs (200mV-8V)

Variable high-pass filter (40-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)

Variable low-pass filter (40-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)

Frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz

Last edited by a moderator:
NO. we know what you are running. YOur not the first person to use a four channel amp that way.You will wire it up and get 2 chanels @ 100watts rms at 4 ohms. and that is probly going to be even less according to the volume levels

When you bridge the rear channel you will only get 250watts rms @ 4 ohms. and that will probly be less as well. And it will definately be less than your recomended 600watts rms for that subs. (I assume you only have one sub?)(I hope)

If you bridge that amp and run it at 2 ohms it might get hot and shut down. With a dual 4 ohm sub, the only wiring options you have are 8 ohms and 2 ohms and that amp doesnt say it is 2 ohm stable in a mono bridge.. So, what I suggest is that you go buy a better amp for your sub.

sub specs

Sensitivity: 84 dB

RMS Power Range : 600 Watts

Peak Power Handling: 1200 Watts

Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm

Low Frequency response: 30 Hz

High Frequency Response: 400 Hz

Diameter: 12 Inch

amp specs

Gothic Series 4-Channel Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 250 watts x 2 chan.

Max power output: 1200 watts MOSFET power supply

Pulse width modulation circuitry

Remote bass level input (remote level control sold separately)

LED power indicators

Bass Boost (0-18 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)

Tri-Mode capable

4/3/2 channel operation

2 Ohm stereo, 4 ohm mono stable

Preamp RCA outputs

Low level inputs (200mV-8V)

Variable high-pass filter (40-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)

Variable low-pass filter (40-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)

Frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz

aThanks' that explaind alot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif!

what kind of amp would you recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.