ppi 18" ehhh

Do none of you know that the original sub with that technology was the Cervin Vega Stroker, and it was one of the most winning SPL subwoofers ever?
Nah, just must be Chinese junk.
Do you have any info that ties this driver/technology to the original stroker? By today's standards, the stroker is below avg in terms of SPL. Just putting what appears to be an external spider on it like the old stroker (notice there appears to be no way to adjust the compliance of the external spider like the old stroker had) is not enough to catch much of my interest.

Do none of you know that the original sub with that technology was the Cervin Vega Stroker, and it was one of the most winning SPL subwoofers ever?
Nah, just must be Chinese junk.
That had a spindle that rode along a metal pole that controlled the top spider. Also they can be had for much less with a fresh recone and IIRC they had a much wider magnet.

Why a phase plug on an 18" subwoofer?

That had a spindle that rode along a metal pole that controlled the top spider. Also they can be had for much less with a fresh recone and IIRC they had a much wider magnet.
Why a phase plug on an 18" subwoofer?
The pahse plug is for looks, obviously. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The original stroker not only rode on that spindle, it allowed adjustment of suspension compliance to better match the speaker excursion potential to your amplifier size and enclosure size/type.

My friend paid around $530 for one of his 12" Solo-Xs so $380 for a nice new 18 doesn't seems like a bad deal.

Oh and where something is made doesn't matter these days, there are tons of parts & materials in a Ford or Chevy that are from somewhere else besides the US. I can careless if our subs are made in Somalia or Ethiopia as long as the specification are met and it performs like it should. Hell my USA-2000X is as "made in the USA" as an amp gets but I can't even find a person skilled enough to fix it. dB-r even refused it saying it a pain in the ass so what's good about "made in the USA" if nobody can repair it if it goes bad? If no one can repair the engine in a 1987 Buick Grand National GNX then it is worthless.

That sub reminds me of Planet Audio's Big Bang subs that also looks a lot like the old Stroker.

The newer PPI stuff looks pretty decent, IMO... Grizz was talking about alot of it on their forum over on CSF.net -- seems like a good guy and he is behind alot of the new stuff.
call ppi. you will laugh your ass off. they answer the phone like this..........poweracoustik of america how may i direct your call.

yep thats right. Power****ingacoustik.

Dont buy that speaker!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.