Decipha
10+ year member

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
any tips to acquire proper imaging?

tweeter is center mounted on the woofer - thats not the prob

woofer x-over 80, tweet @ 4k - thats not the prob

woofers are sealed in the recommended baffle size - thats not the prob

installed in the factory kicks (could this be it?) ...BUT

kicks were cut out to accomodate the comps (originally 4x6's openings)

the left comps are right where the clutch pedal would be (4.5 ft away in ref. to me)

the right comps are beneath the glove box (6 ft in reference to me)

the tweeters are not angled, facing dead on str8, same direction as woofers (maybe???)

channel correction on HU helps a good bit but theres only so much it can do

is there anything else that could possibly help?

natural placement imaging is a big but it looks like you have a good placement. You probably should check your time alignment and do the math on it, also get a pretty good parametric EQ to help deal with dips and peaks.

Aiming, aiming, and more aiming. Then comes in the pathlength difference. The closer to equal the better. As each car's interior is different. It's hard to say what works and what doesn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have you tried running the drivers side mid out of phase? A lot of cars will image better wired out of phase. There is a (i believe IASCA) cd that has a track with a woman speaking in phase and out of phase. If its more centered with the out of phase track you will need to wire the speakers out of phase to get proper imaging.

Have you tried running the drivers side mid out of phase? A lot of cars will image better wired out of phase. There is a (i believe IASCA) cd that has a track with a woman speaking in phase and out of phase. If its more centered with the out of phase track you will need to wire the speakers out of phase to get proper imaging.
r u talking about running the tweeter with the polarity reversed?? that's what i did.. it sounds a lot better for me.. not as harsh and more crisp. someone suggested that i do it since my tweeter was pretty far from my mid in my setup.

No the mid out of phase. A lot of cars with both mids in phase will have a really smeared image where you cant pinpoint the vocals. Sometimes wiring them out of phase will focus the image more to the center and get a better perceived image. IMO wiring the tweet out of phase just attenuates it and doesnt really affect imaging unless you have it being pulled to one side due to the tweeter volume.

your are fuking great dogears! This helped alot... i owe you one.

btw, I originally tried my passenger side before i even made this thread and when i flipped it, it sounded more like crap so i swapped it back and left it at that; didn't even bother to try the driver side.

Aiming, aiming, and more aiming. Then comes in the pathlength difference. The closer to equal the better. As each car's interior is different. It's hard to say what works and what doesn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yea, aiming is HUGE. took me freakking two weeks to get mine and im still messing with it. a good portion is proper time allignment and a few hours pf tuning

No the mid out of phase. A lot of cars with both mids in phase will have a really smeared image where you cant pinpoint the vocals. Sometimes wiring them out of phase will focus the image more to the center and get a better perceived image. IMO wiring the tweet out of phase just attenuates it and doesnt really affect imaging unless you have it being pulled to one side due to the tweeter volume.
do you have this track to send??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.