proper way to connect ring terminals to 1/0?

I ALWAYS use my vice, just crank them down really good then tape/ heat shrink around them. make sure you put the terminals on before the wire is in the car though, and make sure the terminals fit through the car.

I ALWAYS use my vice, just crank them down really good then tape/ heat shrink around them. make sure you put the terminals on before the wire is in the car though, and make sure the terminals fit through the car.
or leave enough extra wire so you can back up to your bench vice and crank them down lol

Lol my broke ass sits outside on my front steps with a hammer and smacks them closed. Then I slide on the heatshrink and electrical tape the shit out of it.

go to weldingsupply.com and search "swedge tool". They make crimp tools as well but they're a lot of money and the really good ones are either electric or pneumatic AFAIK.
You can do it with vice grips if you're patient too.
Exact name is "swedge-on" and it only costs like $7 plus shipping but it's worth its weight in gold because of how much time it saves...

I use a bench vise at my job. Took all the measurements an right before I leave I crimp, then I heatshrink to be safe. Do those swedge tools work for split ring terminals too?
I've used a bunch of style crimp terminals and it works fine

I have a Weller bench top butane torch, for soldering ring terminals.

I used to crimp in the vice, the problem is stress to the wire causes an increase in resistance. You also get oxidation and you can usually pull the wire out if you want,

Soldering is the ideal method. It doesn't stress the wire strands and it tins the copper to prevent oxidation. I will lightly crimp first to ensure good contact. Then I heat shrink to insulate and provide strain relief.

Crimp...That make me laugh hehe.

tumblr_lrs92jU1qO1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

laughing02-censored.gif

But seriously, I have the crimper from harbor freight as well, def worth the $40(with discount)!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.