PRV8MB700FT-NDY-4 or Blam L200P for doors

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sounds (pun intended) like a plan! Excelsus have some very nice tweeters indeed! No issues with that selection at all!
Only one possible problem. They sent me the 2ohm MB8s, not 4ohm. The tweeters are 4ohm. I will be running all this off a Helix V twelve DSP/AMP. Will it pose a problem since they are different impedences? Should I return the MB8s for 4 ohm version?

Actually that should work in your favor. More from the midbass units is a good thing. The tweeters should not need much to keep up at either 4 or 8. That's where the gain adjustments will/should come in handy, I see no issues with that setup at all.

Actually that should work in your favor. More from the midbass units is a good thing. The tweeters should not need much to keep up at either 4 or 8. That's where the gain adjustments will/should come in handy, I see no issues with that setup at all.
Well thats good then! So only one set of tweeters is needed? Should they go in the dash, sails or door?

Well thats good then! So only one set of tweeters is needed? Should they go in the dash, sails or door?
I'd say that is probably likely, you will know when it is all in, but should be fine. Personally not a fan of multiple tweeters. screws up the sound stage. Looks like 3 to 3.5k at 12db is the recommended crossover point, could go higher given the Stevens range but would think that 3.5 at 12-18 db would suffice, you'll have to play with that. Those are efficient and loud SQL tweeters, should do great. As for location, easy enough to try them out in all three with some adhesive tape or velcroid. Place them in the spots you noted here, listen and see which works best. I will be using tweeter pods for mine, mounted to the sail panels near the corner of the side window and dash front corner.

Might want to email these guys out of Germany, I bought my pods from them and they do a lot of pods for brands such as Xcelsus

https://www.pods-tweeters-midrange.com/

THat is this guy on eBay - these aren't the ones you would need, but they may make one you can use. I've got a guy on DIYMA that will make them for about $100 if you need. If you decide to go that route, let me know, he's a bit backed up right now, a couple of weeks out but prints custom pods, does great work and is reasonable.

I'd say that is probably likely, you will know when it is all in, but should be fine. Personally not a fan of multiple tweeters. screws up the sound stage. Looks like 3 to 3.5k at 12db is the recommended crossover point, could go higher given the Stevens range but would think that 3.5 at 12-18 db would suffice, you'll have to play with that. Those are efficient and loud SQL tweeters, should do great. As for location, easy enough to try them out in all three with some adhesive tape or velcroid. Place them in the spots you noted here, listen and see which works best. I will be using tweeter pods for mine, mounted to the sail panels near the corner of the side window and dash front corner.

Might want to email these guys out of Germany, I bought my pods from them and they do a lot of pods for brands such as Xcelsus

https://www.pods-tweeters-midrange.com/

THat is this guy on eBay - these aren't the ones you would need, but they may make one you can use. I've got a guy on DIYMA that will make them for about $100 if you need. If you decide to go that route, let me know, he's a bit backed up right now, a couple of weeks out but prints custom pods, does great work and is reasonable.
Those are super nice!! I may have to go that route if by chance they don't fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...