Question about modern head units

Participant count
  • Participant list

kendogg
10+ year member

BMW expert
Hey kids. I see modern head units have 'pandora connectivity' an other stuff. How do these work? Are they, say, a pandora app on the device itself, and it's tethered to the 'net via my phone or something? Or are they streaming it via bluetooth and you're able to just control it form the head unit?

Time for a new head unit, and I'm a boomer now apparently who hates 99% of the modern ****. Grew up in the golden era of 80 PRS's and Kenwood Excelon D-Mask's. The newest head unit I have is in my truck, and it's a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X701. I'm perfectly content with it. Even have the old late 90s/early 2000's remote that looks like a TV remote. But looking for another couple vehicles and curious whats out there. I stream more Pandora than I used to, so that kinda interests me, hence the question in the first paragraph. Thanks for your time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...