Question about my soldering

KickerInACruze

Ohio
Hello everyone, I just purchased a new ported enclosure for the Kicker solo baric l7 12" that I just purchased. I was soldering the speaker wire to the terminal inside the enclosure and I checked 3 times before i began soldering to make sure I had the positive to positive and so on. After finishing up my work i realized that I soldered the positive to the negative terminal. Now before I take it apart i was thinking that i could just switch how I connect the speaker wires from the amp to match how I soldered the terminal and then I could switch the way I hook it to the subwoofer. Would that work or should I take it apart and re solder the terminal?

Thats what i figured, and i actually switched the terminals so now its good! I was just so worried at first haha especially because i did a good solder job. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I just purchased a new ported enclosure for the Kicker solo baric l7 12" that I just purchased. I was soldering the speaker wire to the terminal inside the enclosure and I checked 3 times before i began soldering to make sure I had the positive to positive and so on. After finishing up my work i realized that I soldered the positive to the negative terminal. Now before I take it apart i was thinking that i could just switch how I connect the speaker wires from the amp to match how I soldered the terminal and then I could switch the way I hook it to the subwoofer. Would that work or should I take it apart and re solder the terminal?
YEP!! The "positive" and "negative" terminals are only for reference and the important thing is to have ALL your speakers wired the same. Audio electrical signals are really AC (Alternating Current) and what you're wiring for is for ALL the speaker cones to move in the same direction as all the others at every moment of the music, etc. All it takes is one reversed speaker connection to cause that speaker to produce a sound wave 180 degrees out of phase with all the others and in that case you get cancellation of the sound waves.

My installer guy and I discovered the speaker PLUGS into my PDX-V9 Alpine 4x1 amp CAN be plugged into the amp in either direction which I found itd somewhat odd. but if you were using this amp you could easily reverse the polarity of your subwoofer at the amp. Label the wire once installed that it's reversed as a reminder to you and anyone else in the future that this reversing the polarity was done on purpose.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.