Question for anyone with Bostons Sl65's

OmegaBunny
10+ year member

I am looking for new door speakers and I think I am going to go with the Boston Acoustics SL60's in the front and SL65's in the rear (I do not feel like cutting my new car). The SL60's are 80w RMS but the SL65's are 60w. My question is, if I buy a 80 x 4 amp can the SL65's handle it or should I buy a 60-65w x 4? Any help would be appreciated. Also, please feel free to throw out any other suggestions.

Just a simple comment on the SL60's i just picked some up this last weekend, and im pushing them and the bostons sx65 coaxials in the rear with a JL A4300 4-channel. I love the SL60's great highs and excellent midbass. If your still kind of on the fence about them dont be, there great. Just my two cents.

Brandon

Thanks for letting me know. I am for sure going with the sl60's in the front and more than likely in the rear also. I am going to buy the set for the doors first, and check fitment in the back. If they fit than I will get a set for the rear, if not I will go with the coax's.

don't waste your money doing components in the back. save your cash. the sl 65's will do just fine. but... if it were me, i'd go with the pro's in the front, and SX in the rear. leave your front stage dominant. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had the SL60's and I hated them. Did not like the tweeter found it lacking in the top end and was almost harsh.IMO The mid-bass was weak and if you wanted push them hard I had to raise the x-over point to 80hz or above. I tried them using the passive x-over's also did not like them that way either.

For passive they were run off a JL 300/2 up front and active a JL 450/4.

I have heard the PG RSd a couple times now and they blew the SL60's out of the water.IMO

If going Boston I would not run anything lower than the PRO's.IMO

Also have had the coaxials and they ****** also. The Pioneer Revs are way better.IMO

I recommend you look around and consider all you options. Unless you are going to the PRO's they are where good Boston speakers start.IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.