Question on what i need for my new system

Participant count
  • Participant list

biiqdanz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok i need some help here if you guys can give me some ideas.. i have two 12's power hx2 rockfords with two rockford 700's going into each one.. and a dhd amp 700 watt 4 channel amp goin into my interiors.. i also have a 1 farad cap..

what do i need to do on my car to install all of this if possible? i have 3 amps and one cap..

i know i need a distro block.. but how do i connect the cap if the distro block is there?

get some sound dampening. upgrade electrical system. make sure you build a decent box for your subs. you didn't mention head unit.
well i dont have a head unit yet.. its a 91 accord so yea i need to get a head unit.. probably like 50x4 pioneer.. but yea the sound dampening im gonna need so i'll get dynomat.. not sure how much that costs but i will try to get it... the box i have now for those are a 1 cubic ft sealed box that i had my mtx''s in.. the size of the box is pretty close to the specs of the hx2's but i know they run better ported.. but this is wut i have for now

wut you mean update electrical system? like battery or wut?

how do you wire it anyway man? can i add a cap while the distro block is there?

1st: The cap was an unnecessary expense and your money would have been spent much more wisely (and less of it, too, considering the average retail pricepoint on 1 farad "stiffening" capacitors!) going through the process of upgrading your "Big 3" underhood wiring.

If this is something unfamiliar to you then please take a few moments to read through (and actually absorb) the information found here.

2nd: For that much amplification I would suggest getting a distribution block that accepts a 1/0awg cable input and splits into 3 or more 4awg outputs. The 1/0awg would feed from your battery to the input side of the distro and then the outputs would feed your three amplifiers. So you'll need some 1/0awg cable for main power then some 4awg cable for the feeds to the amps.

Remember you're going to have power and ground connections so you'll need to double the length of cable (as well as a second distro) you would have bought for the above breakdown of necessities.

Additionally you'll want an inline fuseholder to fuse the main power cable.

Depending on the type of distribution block you buy you may or may not need additional fuseholders to fuse each individual amp.

You'll need RCA interconnects to bring signal from your head unit to the amps.

You'll need some small guage cable for remote activation leads. Since you're running three amps I would also suggest using a 30a SPST relay to activate your amps after being triggered by the headunit's remote accessory activation output. It's cheap insurance against potentially burning the remote activation circuit in your headunit asking it to turn on too many things.

3rd: The cap, if used, would be fed power and ground from the distribution blocks then the power to the amps would be sourced from the cap while they would be grounded to the distros as well.

4rth: How much alternator (speaking about amperage output) does your car have?

5th: Power HX2s.

Yum.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

1st: The cap was an unnecessary expense and your money would have been spent much more wisely (and less of it, too, considering the average retail pricepoint on 1 farad "stiffening" capacitors!) going through the process of upgrading your "Big 3" underhood wiring.
If this is something unfamiliar to you then please take a few moments to read through (and actually absorb) the information found here.

2nd: For that much amplification I would suggest getting a distribution block that accepts a 1/0awg cable input and splits into 3 or more 4awg outputs. The 1/0awg would feed from your battery to the input side of the distro and then the outputs would feed your three amplifiers. So you'll need some 1/0awg cable for main power then some 4awg cable for the feeds to the amps.

Remember you're going to have power and ground connections so you'll need to double the length of cable (as well as a second distro) you would have bought for the above breakdown of necessities.

Additionally you'll want an inline fuseholder to fuse the main power cable.

Depending on the type of distribution block you buy you may or may not need additional fuseholders to fuse each individual amp.

You'll need RCA interconnects to bring signal from your head unit to the amps.

You'll need some small guage cable for remote activation leads. Since you're running three amps I would also suggest using a 30a SPST relay to activate your amps after being triggered by the headunit's remote accessory activation output. It's cheap insurance against potentially burning the remote activation circuit in your headunit asking it to turn on too many things.

3rd: The cap, if used, would be fed power and ground from the distribution blocks then the power to the amps would be sourced from the cap while they would be grounded to the distros as well.

4rth: How much alternator (speaking about amperage output) does your car have?

5th: Power HX2s.

Yum.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

thanks for the help.. im going to consider ur idea.. hmm the alternater is stock.. so based on what your saying im assuming you want me to get a new alternater? I figured with all the help its got back there with the cap and the block.. it would hold.. but i guess for protection just incase. Well what i am missing now and still gotta buy is the head unit and alternater and distro block and what else?

yess i second that " yum" i love hx2's i mean ive heard jl audio w7s.. but i have a feeling the hx2's come close to that potential

big 3 should be first. alternator second. cap is a waste of time for your system. engine running power comes from the alternator. upgrade the size of the wire from alternator to battery, battery to ground, and chassis to ground first. higher output alternator is second if that doesn't help with voltage.

big 3 should be first. alternator second. cap is a waste of time for your system. engine running power comes from the alternator. upgrade the size of the wire from alternator to battery, battery to ground, and chassis to ground first. higher output alternator is second if that doesn't help with voltage.
big 3 what?

but i do need a cap dont i? it will help with the voltage

thanks for the help.. im going to consider ur idea..
Which idea...upgrading the Big 3? It's not really an idea so much as almost being a necessity when talking about running 1~2kW or more worth of audio. And for

hmm the alternater is stock.. so based on what your saying im assuming you want me to get a new alternater?
I couldn't say seeing as I have no clue how much juice the OEM alternator in a '91 Accord puts out.

I figured with all the help its got back there with the cap and the block.. it would hold.. but i guess for protection just incase.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Huh?? The block will have nothing whatsoever to do with having enough current to properly power your gear. It merely routes power to where it needs to go.

Well what i am missing now and still gotta buy is the head unit and alternater and distro block and what else?
See above....I though I broke it down pretty completely? Oh..*DUH!* @ me....you'll need speaker wire as well. Can't believe I forgot that...

yess i second that " yum" i love hx2's i mean ive heard jl audio w7s.. but i have a feeling the hx2's come close to that potential
K.

hey guys do i need a cap for this install? if i decide to not upgrade the alternator? Installers say 1 fared is 1000 watts worth of power.. so im guessing i'll need a 2 fared? i have a 700 watt amp powering my interiors which is too much but im sure it wont have nuttin to do with the cap cuz its only workin on the interiors.. but i have two 700's rckford amps that will be running to each of my two 12's. So yea i guess 2 fared is 2000 watts right? do i also need a fuse holder?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.