Question

My ground wire and power wire is by audiobahn. When i cut my car on i always get a vibration through my system. What can i do to stop this? Also my power wire to my battery comes lose or something and my car wont start. All i have to do is move the wire then the cars interoir lights come back on. Do any of you know about this problem and how i can fix it.

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: bumpinalero ]

I'm not sure about the vibration issue through the stereo. Do you mean vibration sound coming from through the speakers? If yes, which speakers? Your problem with the battery wire should be a simple fix. You either have a build up of corrosion or a loose connection. Corrosion doesn't have to be visisble to affect your car starting or power. If the battery wire ring/clamp terminals are old, it's best to replace them. Use steel wool or a battery terminal cleaning brush to clean the battery posts. Make sure the ring/clamp terminals on the battery wires are tightly connected. There must be extremely good contact between the wire and the terminal ring/clamp to get enough 'crunching power' to start your vehicle. Make sure the wire terminals are tightly connected to the clean battery posts. It only takes a very minor bad connection for corrosion to form. You can also get anti corrosion gel/spray from any auto parts store.

I used to have that vibration problem until i switched my head unit. Before, I was running it through a stock head unit, so if that's what you're doing, switch your head unit and your problem should be solved.

The vibration is coming through my speakers, its more like a deep bass. Also im new to this what is a head unit. And what type of performance alternators do yall recomened. I'll spend almost any amount

Originally posted by bumpinalero:The vibration is coming through my speakers, its more like a deep bass. Also im new to this what is a head unit. And what type of performance alternators do yall recomened. I'll spend almost any amount
A head unit is the cdplayer, cassette deck, or just plain stereo
Are you using the factory stereo that came in the car ? The sound you are hearing might be what is normally called a turn on thump. Is it kind of a short thump sound ?

How much power are you running? A high output alternator is mucho $$$ . And unless your talking serious power you really don't need one. Why do you want a high output alternator ? Are your lights dimming or something? If this is the case a capacitor will help with the light dimming problems. Let me know I'll see if I can help anymore.

If the turn on thump that Ramos described does not seem to be the problem, check your RCA connections. A poor RCA connection somewhere can cause that vibrating low frequency hum to come out of your speakers.

Yeah when i push my brake the lights dim, and sometimes when i cut on my brights all of the sensor lights come on. Also i am using a factory radio with a converter hooked to it. The guy that hooked up my system said that it would work the same as buying a radio. Thats not true?

here's what u can do, check your ground wire, make sure u got a good ground. What ur hearing is ur engine through ur speakers. Make sure that the wire from the battary and the pre outs are on oppisite sides of the car. Sometimes u cant get rid of this. But if i were u, i would bring it to a dealer and let them look at it, they can prolly fix it.

Originally posted by bumpinalero:Yeah when i push my brake the lights dim, and sometimes when i cut on my brights all of the sensor lights come on. Also i am using a factory radio with a converter hooked to it. The guy that hooked up my system said that it would work the same as buying a radio. Thats not true?
MOst factory head units are pretty good despite what everyone thinks. Where is the remote turn on lead coming from ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.