RAAMat BXT question....

Chowder Head
10+ year member

Tampa, FL
My interior is already stripped and am trying to apply some RAAMat to the doors and floor but I have a problem.

I've been trying to peel the back layering off the sound deadener but it's still very much stuck to the back of it. All I heard that was required to apply sound deadener was pretty much a sunny day to heat up the sound deadener and it should peel right off. Well it's been baking out in the hot FL sun for a few hours and it's still not coming off at ALL. What gives?

Am I going to have to get a heat gun? For those that have installed RAAMat, what did YOU do so it could peel right off?

I really wanted to get a lot done today but it might just have to wait.

Any replies would be appreciated, thanks!

My interior is already stripped and am trying to apply some RAAMat to the doors and floor but I have a problem.
I've been trying to peel the back layering off the sound deadener but it's still very much stuck to the back of it. All I heard that was required to apply sound deadener was pretty much a sunny day to heat up the sound deadener and it should peel right off. Well it's been baking out in the hot FL sun for a few hours and it's still not coming off at ALL. What gives?

Am I going to have to get a heat gun? For those that have installed RAAMat, what did YOU do so it could peel right off?

I really wanted to get a lot done today but it might just have to wait.

Any replies would be appreciated, thanks!
If you happened to get some Ramm Mat that is like that, I have hear you can put it in the refrigerator to cool it off so that the backing will release. Good luck

when i got mine it wasa smoking hot day and it was stuck like no ther put it in my basement and let it cool down for awile and then it wasnt super sticky and then i could get the corners of the paper off without getting all "tarry" and it was fine after that

^Hmmm....interesting. If it doesn't loosen up after the end of the day, I'll have to try that. Thanks fellas!

You aren't trying to peal off the aluminum foil are you? lol
the paper backing should come right off very easily, no heating required at all.
I don't think I am, lol. When I read your reply I was like holy crap....don't tell me I missed something obvious, ha.

But when I went out and tried again I met the same results. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Here's two quick pics to show you all exactly what I'm talking about. I'm trying to peel the back tan paper part but it's really stuck on there.

P1000178.jpg

P1000179.jpg

Thoughts? First and foremost, am I trying to peel it off correctly? I tried looking for any other method but only found the one I'm struggling with.

Thanks in advance once again guys.

Holy ****! I just put the above strip in the freezer and in only like half a minute, I can completely peel it off! Sweet!

Now I just gotta find a way to stick the entire roll in there, haha. Or at least a bunch of small strips. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks again for cold recommendation guys! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.