Rant: Got my sub today

Would I run into problems running that amp at .5 ohms ? Im not the easiest on equipment at times.

Or should I just explain to Jake what happened and cancel my order. And then look for a zx1500.1 or similiar ?

Was it your mistake or AQ's?? Did you order the d2's?
Funny you ask. Heres the story, at first I ordered a D1, then the DAY AFTER I called back and told them im going to need a D2 instead. "yea thats no problem ill change your order" I call back 4 days later to check on where the sub was at, and the guy remembered me and told me that I was the guy that changed my order from the D1 to the D2. So i dont fawking know anymore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Back in the 4 ohm days the best way to tell was to do the tried and true wall plug test. You hook the coils up in series. Plug them into the wall. Let it go for 10 seconds. If it remains playing the whole time, you have a D4. If smoke comes out and the sub seizes up, you had a D2.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

amp should be ok at .5ohms anyways with a decent electrical to back it up. just dont be a retard and crank the volume all the way and drop to 10volts. whats your electrical like

do not run a sae model amp at .5 ohm it is not built like the saz models..just buy a 2 ohm stable amp or get a maxxlink and get another amp and put one on each coil..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

boomzabit

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
boomzabit
Minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date