rate my headunit

Premium Plus
10+ year member

sup everyone...new to the board, and pretty new to the world of car audio as well. i recently got a new deck, and i wanted to know what the experts have to say about it.

i picked up the Sony 7705.

SPECS

whats the word on this deck? i thought i got a good deal on a good deck. obviously there are better decks out there...but remember its my first deck. go easy on me if i bought a POS lol

Word of advice. There's a reason Sony is so inexpensive. They are, possibly, some of the worst car audio parts out there, in my own opinion.

If you're budgeted, and you want a real reciever, I'd recommend a JVC KD-G300 or KD-g400, again, it's only opinion, but I find them to be **** good players, dependable and well rounded, and you can find them online for a little over $100 apiece.

yea...comming from someone driving a -1 car. LOL

j/k but i said go easy on me...its not THAT bad is it?

Word of advice. There's a reason Sony is so inexpensive. They are, possibly, some of the worst car audio parts out there, in my own opinion.
If you're budgeted, and you want a real reciever, I'd recommend a JVC KD-G300 or KD-g400, again, it's only opinion, but I find them to be **** good players, dependable and well rounded, and you can find them online for a little over $100 apiece.
this deck wasnt really inexpensive. i had a price rance, and looked to be the best deck available at that price. i got a 4 yr warranty on it...so it dont really matter if it breaks i guess. do sony decks have a history of screwing up?

I had one for about 2 months, Overheated, skipped to ****, sounded awful on the XPlod 6"s that came with it. That's personal experience.

Also, I have this feeling, just a random one, you bought it from Walmart or Best Buy. Don't do that. The only time I've found a deal at one of them is when they sold me a box with 6.5" that'd fallen off a pallet for $15.

so how does the deck i got compare to the JCV 3150 ?

10025581.jpg

familliar with that deck?

funny thing is my friend has that Sony and my younger brother runs that same JVC Arsenal - I give better SQ to the Sony- the JVC is more 'fast n furious' oriented w/ a pink display and blue neon around the deck- the Sony display on the other hand is quite nice and its non -fader level controls and EQ seem to be more calibrated than the JVC's as the Sony procvided more sparkle and definition- I have no experience w/ the internal amps, never used'm- they both are quite nice but the Sony seems to put out better voltage IMO as I've had to setup both vehicles off the same amp- a Rt4240 that one eventually sold to the other

I personally wouldn't buy neither, I'd prefer a bottom of the bucket Eclipse w/ little feautures and I'p put it up to shyt on either one- But as far as Sony goes, thats not a bad deck at all

i had a sony mx600 or somehting and i had it for a long long time with no problems, i recently broke it connecting an amp..it was smoking, now i got a new one . sony h.u. in my opinion are nopt bad, i think they are in the top 3 list.

out of all the Sony decks that came out the year I think the 7705 has the nicest look to it, It doesnt look cheap like the rest of the sony line, reliabilty seems to be great with sony lately at my store other then 3 810x's that have come back with the same faceplate problems, plus that Drive S seems to be a noticeable improvement then anything else they have done so far, other then firing all those people a few years back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.