rca output voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list

iceteebone
5,000+ posts

Banned
Michigan
does having higher rca voltage make a big difference? should i look for a reciever with high output voltage? since all my speakers are run buy amps would i be better to maybe get a cd player with like 4-volt outputs but has less features then a a head unit with 2-volt outputs? i am looking at getting an alpine 9805 are they any good?

Higher Pre-out voltage basically equates to a stronger signal to travel via RCA to your amp.

In many cases, this allows a lower gain setting and less introduced noise.

Alpine HU's are pretty rock solid and always a good choice.

The 9805 is pretty stacked full of features, and the 3 4V Pre-outs are perfect for a versatile set -up.

take it easy,

-zane

so i would be better off with the alpine 9805 than a pioneer 6500 that has only 2 volt amp outputs? i currently have the 6500 and i am just now going to hook up some amps. i never use any of the sound shaping features on the unit and i could care less about the graphics so would be better off switching to the alpine? or should i buy a line driver? or just keep the setup i got?

Try the Pioneer first since you already have it. If you do not have a problem with noise floor (noticable hiss through the speakers during quiet passages or silence between songs) with the gains correctly set then you don't need the extra voltage and you can save the money for the new HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.