Rear Fill when running Active?

Type699
10+ year member

I was wondering what I should do for rear fill on my system. Here's what I have:

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDA-9855 3-way Active mode

a/d/s/ PQ20 powering the fronts

Morel MDT-30 Tweeters in stock dash locations

Dayton 7" RS180-4 Mids in doors

Phoenix Gold x600.1 on a sub

12" eXtreme Energy SVC 4 ohm in ported box.

What do you guys do for rear fill if you're running active?

Can I hook the front and rear speaker level outputs of my Alpine deck together to get full range?

Or should I just run the rear speaker level outputs of the Alpine to the rear door speakers, and be done with it. That way I'd have the ability to switch them on and off when I wanted...

I am looking for the same answer. I know for SQ purposes you can't have rear fill - but I like it and I am the one who has to enjoy my SQ. I will keep an eye on this, but you probably won't get any better answers than I have.

I am doing something similar. I am using Diamond 6.5 for rear fill in my truck. There is no silver bullet or magic formula for what sounds good, since it is much a matter of opinion. So the first thing I am doing is having a dedicated "rear fill" amplifier. For about $3.00 you can get a toggle switch from radio shack. (I got a fancy one w/ a ground that illuminates when "on" ) Run the remote wire through the toggle switch and mount it somewhere in easy reach of the driver's seat so the rear fill can be switched off.

Next thing I am doing is getting an amp with a 40-500 hz LOW PASS for this duty, so if the factory Diamond crossover point is too high I can cross them over at a lower point. (it is generally agreed that frequencies below 400 hz are basically non-directional)

Just to clarify I am using the woofers only, no tweets. Don't know if this was any help at all, but that is what I'll be doing. Good luck and tell us how your project turns out.

I am doing something similar. I am using Diamond 6.5 for rear fill in my truck. There is no silver bullet or magic formula for what sounds good, since it is much a matter of opinion. So the first thing I am doing is having a dedicated "rear fill" amplifier. For about $3.00 you can get a toggle switch from radio shack. (I got a fancy one w/ a ground that illuminates when "on" ) Run the remote wire through the toggle switch and mount it somewhere in easy reach of the driver's seat so the rear fill can be switched off.
Next thing I am doing is getting an amp with a 40-500 hz LOW PASS for this duty, so if the factory Diamond crossover point is too high I can cross them over at a lower point. (it is generally agreed that frequencies below 400 hz are basically non-directional)

Just to clarify I am using the woofers only, no tweets. Don't know if this was any help at all, but that is what I'll be doing. Good luck and tell us how your project turns out.
change that to 80 HZ and then we are getting somewhere

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.