Recommend me a battery charger

Participant count
  • Participant list

DRS0105

Bay Area
Looking to buy a charger to top off my battery here and there.

I was looking at the ctek 7002 when I realized the Ctek 3300 has the exact same specs (atleast on amazon) as the 7002, except it charges at half the rate and the cost shows it.

Any reason not to get the 3300?

If the cteks are up to par, any other chargers you guys recommend?

Heard bad things about those Schumacher's

Anyone know if the desulfation mode on the ctek is legit or just marketing mumbo jumbo?

What I mean is, is the desulfation mode a natural biproduct of the charging algorithm that any of these smart chargers do? I was looking at the battery tenders also but they don't mention that feature. I'd like to pay for this once and never have to buy one again so I'd like as many features possible even if I don't need them immedietly.

I have a c-tek on my ATV 24/7. Does the job.

I also have a schumacher and an xs power. They all work fine.

Personally, I think the basic schumacher will work for 99% of people.

Heard bad things about those Schumacher's
Anyone know if the desulfation mode on the ctek is legit or just marketing mumbo jumbo?

What I mean is, is the desulfation mode a natural biproduct of the charging algorithm that any of these smart chargers do? I was looking at the battery tenders also but they don't mention that feature. I'd like to pay for this once and never have to buy one again so I'd like as many features possible even if I don't need them immedietly.
ive had mine for 4 years no problem ..use it to charge my whole battery bank at once

i was kinda sketchy on the schumacher when i saw one on agm mode charging at 15.3volts.
I reallllly like the xs intellicharger. Its just so much **** money.
whats wrong.with charging at 15.3 ?? my.schumacher does.it too..of.course.my car charges at 15.3 also ..no big deal

lol. you ask me whats wrong with it and say no big deal in the same sentence. I really don't' think i'm going to touch that one.
its not ..my car charges at 15.3 all the time and by the time my batt charger gets to 15.3 its almost done charging...no problems at all ..no swollen batts or.any t

its not ..my car charges at 15.3 all the time and by the time my batt charger gets to 15.3 its almost done charging...no problems at all ..no swollen batts or.any t
The West Advisor: Battery Charging

I prefer to follow the guidelines set forth by pretty much all agm manufactures, which would be Don't exceed 14.6 if you can help it.

If you wanna do that that's fine. Plenty of people do with little trouble. I don't live on the edge like that though.

The West Advisor: Battery Charging
I prefer to follow the guidelines set forth by pretty much all agm manufactures, which would be Don't exceed 14.6 if you can help it.

If you wanna do that that's fine. Plenty of people do with little trouble. I don't live on the edge like that though.
did u read ur own link ? llooks to me like the equalization portion of charging will be anywhere from 15.3-16.2 v ..if i read correct

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.