recommendations for speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

captainkeen
10+ year member

NY
I have a 95 Mercury Mystique with an alpine head unit (60 x 4 watts) and a bazooka el8a in the trunk. I am looking to replace the factory speakers. I was wondering what speakers are good(I would like the speakers to have good bass). I am looking to replace 4 speakers and want to spend no more than about $150.

I'm not sure what size (or type) my factory speakers are. Also, can my factory speakers blow with the new alpine installed?

Thanks, i know thats a lot of questions.

First of all, you wont get alot of bass with interior speakers. You prolly will not blow ur factory speakers when u put the Alpine in. 60x4 is the max it will put out, its prolly like 20x4 rms. You should use an amp to power ur speakers, and not ur head unit.

You could get a pair of polks for about $80-100.

your not gonna get a high end speaker for $150 for 4 speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.