Remote wire can be any wire??? as long as same size gauge?

yeah it doesn't really matter what size remote wire you use, it just has to carry a tiny current to the amp...I think I took like 22 gauge speaker wire and wound both wires together...and that's my remote wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Pretty much any wire you have will work. IIRC most remote wires are in the order of 26-30awg. The amount of current required to trip the switch is near insignificant.

So is the remote wire bad if when I run two ten inch subs the amp goes into protection. Mode I have to take the remote wire off and put it back on for jt to work but a few minutes later it’ll shut off again is there to much power is it the wire or the actual terminal kn the amp???

1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

yeah, it'll be hot but off. Just like your tv when it's plugged in.
Remote turn on. Going to check it later this week. Almost 100% certain it's something with the amp. I am assuming that a resistor inside went bad...
With the amplifier fused it will be fine for testing an amplifier to see if there is an issue with the remote wiring coming from the HU, or great...
As stated..A jumper wire from remote to Power on amplifier will be a nice little test to see if the amplifier is working. If it does, I would...

About this thread

trunks9_us

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
trunks9_us
college station tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date