Remote Wire Not Working

F-150 freaak

Hey everyone this is my first post. I have just hooked up my subs (2 Kicker CVRs) and amp (Kicker ZX750.1). I cannot get my remote wire to work on the back of my headunit. When I put some leftover speaker wire on the power slot and on the remote slot I get power and everything like I should and the subs hit and everything but I cannot get the amp to turn on with the regular remote wire from the headunit. My headunit (Pioneer AVH-3400BH) says in the instruction book that the power amp wire is the blue/white wire. I crimped them up and thinkin they would work and it just will not work. I have even tried hookin the remote to my cigarette lighter and it still does not work. Do you guys think I need a new wiring harness or a new remote wire? I made sure all metal was touching and everything too and the remote wire still does not want to turn on the amp. What should I do?

When I put some leftover speaker wire on the power slot and on the remote slot I get power I have even tried hookin the remote to my cigarette lighter and it still does not work.
Conflicting items there. Jumping the amp remote directly to power works, but connecting the remote wire to the cig lighter doesn't. Something's wrong with your remote wire.

Issue with the Head unit..needs repair, or replace it..only other thing I can think of thats is fairly simple,and can be done cheaply, is to run a toggle switch/30 amp if possible from the fuse panel for power, and to the remote wiring you have ran to the amp/amps,and cap off the one on the back of the Head unit,Id get one that lights up, so you know its on , to remember to turn it off,.

dont waste your money on a new head unit... you can easily by-pass your situation.. i had the same problem with my kenwood flip out. some dumbfuck with a meter press the (speaker check) button and blew something in the headunit when he had it on my control wire.... so instead of running the control from the amp to the HU control i ran it to the HU power wire... works perfectly fine.

check if the amp works, this might be very unlikely because im assuming its new, just get a small wire and jump the + of the amp to the remote and see if it powers up...

can be easily damaged upon shipment these days, as the boxes get thrown around,dropped from 4ft,kicked to the corners,thrown like footballs to kicked like a soccer ball.Nothing surprises me these days with shipment

Well I went and got some plain ole speaker wire and tried to run the remote off my headunit power and remote wire and still no luck... Idk what else to do... You would think it would run off my headunit power since my headunit does have power but it will not work

You have the right blue wire from the headunit?
Yes I only have one blue and white wire off my headunit and I hooked it to that and it didn't work... So I spliced it in with the headunit power as well and that still didnt work... It still works when I jump it tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.