Remote wire to deck alternatives

userdel
10+ year member

Ok, so I have a Kicker 350.1 amplifier and a 10" pioneer sub in a ported box and an eclipse cd5000 deck. I hooked everything up and realized using the remote wire hookup on the back of my deck won't turn the amp on, i also tried the acc wire and the power antenna wire, no luck. i was getting proper voltage with dmm at amp but no voltage with the remote wire. i jumped the power wire terminal on the amp to the remote wire terminal on the amp to make sure it works, and it did. my question, how does the automatic turn-on feature on the kicker zx models work exactly? i thought it mentioned the dc offset method if you are unable to hookup the remote wire to the back of the deck, or is that just for hooking up a second amplifier? i thought about just ordering another standard 16 pin wiring harness for the back of the deck but not entirely sure if that would work either. but if i could just somehow use this automatic turn on feature on the amp, that would be best i think, easiest. anyone with any knowledge on this would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks for your time.

it is definitely the deck because when i jumped a wire from the power terminal on the amp to the remote terminal on the amp, it worked just fine, amp worked, sub worked.

i know it is. just need to know what my options are, and if anyone has any experience with the kicker amps automatic turn on features. couldn't hardly find any info on that on the net.

just run a relay in there, or your own switch, what ever floats your boat, it would probably be fine just running it off that though.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

just run a relay in there, or your own switch, what ever floats your battleship, it would probably be fine just running it off that though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.