Reverse camera turns on with brakes

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey i just installed my reverse cam to my Power acoustic and it works great accept last night when I turned on my lights. Every time I hit the brakes my sterio will turn to camera mode but it won't show picture.
Sounds like it's hooked up to the wrong lead man. The + should be running to the back up light, not the brake light.

It works fine during the daylight I have it hooked up to my positive reverse light wire but at night when my tailights are on and when I hit the brake it triggers the deck to go to reverse cam and when my stereo goes to that it has no picture like its getting enough power to teigure my deck but not power the cam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I bought a 2023 Mitsubishi Strada, known in most parts of the world as a Triton. Although it's 2023 it hasn't changed for a few years and this...
I would prob go and take it to a shop to someone that knows how to install, pay the $50-75-100 bucks so its done correctly.If you continue to do...
Hi, I installed a new Kenwood dnr476s head unit along with idatalink maestro Rr, the HRNI1, the HU-Ken1, and the nav1 adapter. It works well...
It only works when the car is in reverse. Also, some units have trigger options in the settings menu.
Try to reset again and if that doesn't work, try updating the firmware. To update the firmware for Alpine X800D, you can follow the instructions...

About this thread

Jakescreename11

Jakescreename11
Minneapolis, mn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jakescreename11