RF created a DD Z sub killer?

Doesn't Zed still make new Hifonics though? If not, who does?
Surprised that Lanzar and Boss amps used to have regulated supplies. Not that surprised about planet, because they had some really cool tube amps

Maxxsonics. They have for years. Mb Quartz, crunch, autotech.

Doesn't Zed still make new Hifonics though? If not, who does?
Surprised that Lanzar and Boss amps used to have regulated supplies. Not that surprised about planet, because they had some really cool tube amps
Gen X Hifonics was close to 20 years ago LOL. They've been Chinese junk since then. Maxxonics has owned Hifonics name for a long time now.

Maxxsonics. They have for years. Mb Quartz, crunch, autotech.
Dang, Crunch and Autotek are now shitty. Makes sense that they're all made by the same company. Most new hifonics amps are vastly overrated, but I'd still recommend the Brutus series to people on a budget.

Gen X Hifonics was close to 20 years ago LOL. They've been Chinese junk since then. Maxxonics has owned Hifonics name for a long time now.
Wow, lol

Dang, Crunch and Autotek are now shitty. Makes sense that they're all made by the same company. Most new hifonics amps are vastly overrated, but I'd still recommend the Brutus series to people on a budget.

Wow, lol
The Hifonics has consistently had one or two amps in their lineup that are really solid for Chinese build/price. XXV series was all really good except for Sampson which are notorious for self destructing, but the 3K, 5K and 10K (that's two 5K's piggyback in one heatsink) were pretty good. Their 1500-2000W amps have been a decent choice on a budget for a while now.

AFAIK Maxxonics European line has an ESX branded amp, more Chinese but Stephen said that he tested a couple some years ago that were pretty bullet proof... and he doesn't usually have much good to say about far east amps.

The Hifonics has consistently had one or two amps in their lineup that are really solid for Chinese build/price. XXV series was all really good except for Sampson which are notorious for self destructing, but the 3K, 5K and 10K (that's two 5K's piggyback in one heatsink) were pretty good. Their 1500-2000W amps have been a decent choice on a budget for a while now.
AFAIK Maxxonics European line has an ESX branded amp, more Chinese but Stephen said that he tested a couple some years ago that were pretty bullet proof... and he doesn't usually have much good to say about far east amps.
Thanks for the info!

So my only question about the 19" RF sub is: Can I buy a recone kit for it?

Oh, didn't think so.

My last experience with RF subs was several years ago when some kid brought me a 12" power T2 sub with a 3" ribbon wire coil. It was rated for 600 watts IIRC but looked to me like a 300 watt rating was more appropriate. And sure enough, the reason it was bestowed upon me was because the coil blew open. It didn't completely burn up, but right in the middle the coil blew open. I believe it was powered by a 500 watt JBL amp.

Anyway, no recone kits were available, but I managed to put something together using a 2layer round wire coil that actually gave a hell of a lot more xmax and power handling considering the depth of the motor and the relatively short OEM coil.

I agree RF seems to have some nice amps, ect, but I would not touch their subs.

I'm not a greedy man. I just want 1. Tuned to about 33.5 Hz and powered by 2 RF 2500s. Let's be real about that power rating. I'd first make sure my whole truck is good and sound deadened, then go blind from the thunderous, vision blurring musical bass that I'm sure I'd experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.