running subs from a cd player

Umm I guess if you want to send your subs 15watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

You will probly end up severly clipping your amp wanting more power which it can give you. I'd wait for a real amp, but I guess you *could* do it.

On some Pioneers you can bridge the rear channels to a sub and run something like... 30 watts... (DEH-P760MP says 70x1 max)

I still don't think it would be worth it, but it might be OK with a really efficient sub.

well i did it, and for some reason my subs sound awesome. better then some systems i have heard with an amp. its good enough for a couple of weeks untill i get an amp.. no one has really answered my question, will it hurt/ruin anything....speakers/subs/HU.........

well i did it, and for some reason my subs sound awesome. better then some systems i have heard with an amp. its good enough for a couple of weeks untill i get an amp.. no one has really answered my question, will it hurt/ruin anything....speakers/subs/HU.........
As long as you don't clip the hell out of the HU's internal amp, I don't see why it would hurt anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.