SEAS tweets Pioneer crossover?

Participant count
  • Participant list

KHARPS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
IL
Is it ok to buy a set of SEAS tweeters and use them with Pioneer's ts-c720prs mid and passive crossover? I'm asking this because I'm looking to buy the ts-c720 set that is for sale on here but one of the tweeters is blown. I checked pioneers website and a replacement tweeter won't be available for a while.

will it work? sure. will the seas sound best with the crossover point on the passive crossover? most likely not. but you can try it out and see if sounds good to you.

i'm not sure which seas tweets you are talking about but i'm guessing its the seas neo tweeters which are like $30 a pop. if so, they can be crossed really low. I have them at 2.2khz @ 24db/oct and they play great.

Thanks for the help. I was kind of just using the SEAS as a reference. If I get the pioneers I would ask for suggestions on which tweets to pick up. The pioneer replacement tweeter is $100 and it says 60 days wait time. For $100 I can go on madisound and get some great DIY tweeters but I just wasn't sure if they would work well with the Pioneer crossover. I can't go active because I'll be using my SUNDOWN 100.2

The Seas Neo's will work well for you. They can be crossed as low as 2.5k @ 12db without problems and seem to sound great no matter where you cross them. DO IT!

Thanks so much for the responses guys. I'm going to do it. I'm fairly new with component sets so I wasn't sure if company a's tweeters would work well with company b's passive crossover. I should have just gotten the sax-100.4 so I could go active.

I can't find the SEAS Neos on madisound.com right now. Is there anywhere else I can get them?

I get bad listening fatigue with harsh tweeters. I prefer a laid back mellow tweeter, which should I go with?

I ordered the textiles with the lpg flush mounts this morning. Lets hope this is a winning combo!

i've heard both and own the alum and they are not harsh at all. they are more smooth than harsh but yes the textiles are much warmer and forgiving. these tweets are absolutely the best bang for the buck tweet out there. let us know when you get them in!

I will definitely let you guys know. Someone over on SSA seems to think that using them with Pioneer's passive crossover will yield bad results. And I definitely don't have the money to pick up a headunit that will do active or a new 4 channel so now I'm kind of concerned.

How do those tweets perform off axis? Trying to decide between the fixed angle mounts or the hinged ones. (sail panel install location).

I will definitely let you guys know. Someone over on SSA seems to think that using them with Pioneer's passive crossover will yield bad results. And I definitely don't have the money to pick up a headunit that will do active or a new 4 channel so now I'm kind of concerned.
I would somewhat i agree as the seas tweets (and just like any other diy speaker) is better running active but honestly, does it hurt to try? i mean if you end up not liking them you can resell them and not lose much money at all. i would understand if the tweets you are thinking of getting are like $2-300 but these would cost you $70 shipped and at most you'll lose like $20 or something.

How do those tweets perform off axis? Trying to decide between the fixed angle mounts or the hinged ones. (sail panel install location).
the off-axis of these tweets is exceptional not excellent. if you like an exaggerated top end then these tweets aren't for but for the most part, these tweets play well off axis. I have these tweets in my kicks, cross firing and i'm perfectly happy with how they play.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.