Second Batt with limited space

Participant count
  • Participant list

badstang123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I recently installed a Odyssey PC1500 which seems to be a great battery. It performs far better than my Kinetik 1800 ever did but I'm still looking to get some power closer to the amps to stabilize things. The problem is I don't have a lot of room near the amps that are behind the back seat in my Avalanche. Subs are under the seats so that space is taken too. I have minimal to no dimming so that isn't really the issue, like I said I just want consistent voltage to keep the amps running to their maximum ability. And for reference Big 3 is already done.

My question is am I able to run a smaller Odyssey battery in the back without problems? or would the difference size batteries cause problems? And would it even be worth putting a small battery back there? Are there any other options that make more sense? Thanks.

- Justin -

if room is such an issue, how about a battery bracket under the hood for a second battery?
Under the hood is absolutely an option. I actually have two battery trays under the hood from the factory, so all I would need to do is run some additional 0 gauge wiring. My thoughts were I wouldn't gain much benefit from an additional battery unless it was closer to the amps than the current one? Is that flawed logic?

Under the hood is absolutely an option. I actually have two battery trays under the hood from the factory, so all I would need to do is run some additional 0 gauge wiring. My thoughts were I wouldn't gain much benefit from an additional battery unless it was closer to the amps than the current one? Is that flawed logic?
well considering your distance, you might have a voltage loss of .1 or.2 volts depending on wire since your run is so short. if i were doing what you wanted, i'd add a second battery up front and make sure that I'm using a good OFC 0 gauge to connect the battery to the amps and a good 2/0 for the big 3 up front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.