Second post - Help with 12" Kicker free-air sub

Hiya all,

Has anyone any specs on box sizes for the Kicker 12" free-air subs.

I am looking for a box with a nice and low extension with a resonating freq of about 20-30 Hz.

Thanx all,

The stressed one .

all right check it out i used a old box for 2 jl 12's w0's and i'll tell you what i never knew that kicker freeairs could pound, slam ,kick, and thump so loud & you also get that low shake your bon bon thing if you know what i mean.

if they are free air subs your don't need a box...just mount themonto a peice of mdf with holes in it for them to sit in..i think, someone correct me if i am wrong, but i beleive thats the whole point of free air subs, no box required....

You are 100% correct - in the normal installation. I'm doing things a bit different - I already have 2x 8" Infinities running in a free-air mode in the trunk - if I add in the 12" I'm sure the 8s will flap and distort. I kinda plan to put the 12 in a seperate box firing into the cab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.