which amp

• SHOK 5K

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • RD D9

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • IA 40.1

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Downside with that being that you wont have matching sub and amp.
AFAIK all are very solid options for 5KW ish Korean class D amps.
i dont really care about matching sub an amp, i would be happy with any of them. i got the ia/shok rep giving me action tho telling me to buy from him since he hooked me up with the warden for so cheap. but its not my fault that they fucked up my order and he had to pay out of his pocket.

evver look into an atomic 5k?? havent heard much about em but for 950 its a steal... also, just throwing some other names out there, cactus k5, crescendo bass clef 5500.

evver look into an atomic 5k?? havent heard much about em but for 950 its a steal... also, just throwing some other names out there, cactus k5, crescendo bass clef 5500.
atomic 5k, cactus 5k, shok 5k= same amp different heat sink.

atomic 5k, cactus 5k, shok 5k= same amp different heat sink.
This is true. There's also 1 or 2 more that use that board. I see a few around here and they are solid. Supposedly there was a bad run a couple years ago prone to failures but mostly from what I've seen they're rock solid.

Crescendo 5K is Sundown 4500 board and DC 5K, and Everest 5K = American Bass 500.1

[quote name='JEEPWJ4.7']4

atomic 5k, cactus 5k, shok 5k= same amp different heat sink.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about all of this. But I thought the Cactus was more closely related to the AB, if anything. The RD and Atomic are so closely related that they'll strap if that tells you anything. I know because we did it a couple weeks ago. Lol. That was "old style" D9 though. RD is going through a transition and thye're making some changes.

@JEEPWJ4\.7... My buddy has a Cactus K5 he's trying to move. Pm me if you're interested. But you might want to act quickly before I'm forced to snag it. Lol.

[quote name='TaylorFade']I don't know about all of this. But I thought the Cactus was more closely related to the AB, if anything. The RD and Atomic are so closely related that they'll strap if that tells you anything. I know because we did it a couple weeks ago. Lol. That was "old style" D9 though. RD is going through a transition and thye're making some changes.

@JEEPWJ4\.7... My buddy has a Cactus K5 he's trying to move. Pm me if you're interested. But you might want to act quickly before I'm forced to snag it. Lol.[/QUOTE]

pm comming you way bro.

I currently own 2 shok 5k's and ive owned a D9. The D9 was my favorite 5k amp, never got hot running it at .5 daily. You will get a ton of power out of the D9 at 12v. The shok amp does a ton of power at 14v+ if you can hold it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

splwj47

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
splwj47
Great White North
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies