Should I add an amp for my mids?

laidback93
10+ year member

The only problem is that I don't know what my Eclipse 5.25 in my doors are rated at.

My 2 Cerwin Vega 6X9s are rated at 2-60rms.

I'm replacing my old DEH-6400 with a P770 so I'll finally have 3 sets of preouts. As of right now I've just been using deck power for the mids which is OK.

Any recommendations on a 4 channel amp? That is if the Eclipse's can handle more power.

Youll definitely notice a difference. Drastic is all up to you really. To me its sounds more clear, not as sloppy bass either.

On amps Ive never had a problem with my RF amp, whats your budget liek TBone said?. And what model are your eclipse 5.25s?

Yeah something like that would be cool.
Would I notice a drastic improvement over deck power(22rms)?
you will be able to push them farther without as much distortion. you will be able to turn it up louder before it starts distorting i guess would be the way to say it. that results in louder and cleaner music.

Youll definitely notice a difference. Drastic is all up to you really. To me its sounds more clear, not as sloppy bass either.
On amps Ive never had a problem with my RF amp, whats your budget liek TBone said?. And what model are your eclipse 5.25s?
That's the problem. I don't know what model they are unless I pull the door panels, which I don't want to do. I bought them about 4 years ago for $130 at a dealer. Best mids I've ever heard. They still sound so good and crystal clear. Just wish I knew what the power rating was! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

As far as budget goes, I really wouldn't want to pay much over$200.

Well unless you can ask the audio store what the model was (if they kept your records), you are probly going to have to pull them out, thats if you really want to know. Look on eclipse's website and look at their older models see if that rings a bell, maybe they have pictures. Put the time into finding out, it will only make your system better. Also If you really want to amp them, they are going to have to come out anyway, or at least the door panel will be coming off, so..........

Well unless you can ask the audio store what the model was (if they kept your records), you are probly going to have to pull them out, thats if you really want to know. Look on eclipse's website and look at their older models see if that rings a bell, maybe they have pictures. Put the time into finding out, it will only make your system better. Also If you really want to amp them, they are going to have to come out anyway, or at least the door panel will be coming off, so..........
you dont have to pull the door panel to amplify speakers that are already wired.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.