Should I get a Capistor

im the guy hes talkin bout and its not a matter of more power if i needed more power i would get a high output alternator and a yellow top battery i have plenty of power i just want my amp to have a steady stream of power which is what the cap is used for wow u guys talk big but fail to do reasearch before posting ive been looking at upgrading my audio for a while so i have done alot of reasearch also to find the cap u need the math is .01 farads per 100 watts so a 1000w system is a 1.0 farad cap

im the guy hes talkin bout and its not a matter of more power if i needed more power i would get a high output alternator and a yellow top battery i have plenty of power i just want my amp to have a steady stream of power which is what the cap is used for wow u guys talk big but fail to do reasearch before posting ive been looking at upgrading my audio for a while so i have done alot of reasearch also to find the cap u need the math is .01 farads per 100 watts so a 1000w system is a 1.0 farad cap
then you should research quick discharge batteries.

or batcaps

leme see if I can find an article for you:D

Actually I forget the mathematical formula but at one point I had found the formula on how to convert farad's to AH (amp hours). I have one deep cycle so far and it is rated at 125 ah... And to get the same in farad's from capacitors it was like 2,200 farads... Yes over 2000 farads to get the same reserve as one walmart deep cycle. For a large system capacitors are a total waste of money. As for the reference to the kinetik 800...... For what that cost you get a reg car battery or a deep cycle. (at least from a reserve point of view). I am a firm believer that in a smaller daily app kinetiks are a waste of cash. The 800 has a AH rating of 36 amps. (prob less than the smallest lowest line of battery for cars you can buy at walmart or any other automotive shop) This is just my personal belief . \But there again from a reserve capacity vs dollars there are MUCH better options for normal daily systems than kinetiks. Unless space is an issue or if you are concerned about having it in a cab of a truck (due to toxic gases) IN this situation a optima redtop is prob close to same cost and holds over 2 times the amount if not pushing 3 times.

Wrong

Try your math again before you say anyone fails at math

based on your retarded logic the system would need a .1 farad cap if you needed .01 farads every 100 watts

please dont give car audio advice.

Actually I forget the mathematical formula but at one point I had found the formula on how to convert farad's to AH (amp hours). I have one deep cycle so far and it is rated at 125 ah... And to get the same in farad's from capacitors it was like 2,200 farads... Yes over 2000 farads to get the same reserve as one walmart deep cycle. For a large system capacitors are a total waste of money. As for the reference to the kinetik 800...... For what that cost you get a reg car battery or a deep cycle. (at least from a reserve point of view). I am a firm believer that in a smaller daily app kinetiks are a waste of cash. The 800 has a AH rating of 36 amps. (prob less than the smallest lowest line of battery for cars you can buy at walmart or any other automotive shop) This is just my personal belief . \But there again from a reserve capacity vs dollars there are MUCH better options for normal daily systems than kinetiks. Unless space is an issue or if you are concerned about having it in a cab of a truck (due to toxic gases) IN this situation a optima redtop is prob close to same cost and holds over 2 times the amount if not pushing 3 times.
i bet a 2200 farad cap would be about the side of a large fridge.

lmao, would be awesome to se.

well considering i just realized i had my alt switched out last year as it wasnt charging my batt properly and my mech put in a high out put 220 amp 12v alt i only need the cap to have a steady stream of power to the amp nothing else. also i have a buddy that works at visions so i can get everything at cost plus 5% so im saving 500-600 bucks on a 1500 dollar sound system im fine with getting it for an extra 15bucks(actual cost)

you forgot about the time factor:fyi:

Wrong
Try your math again before you say anyone fails at math

based on your retarded logic the system would need a .1 farad cap if you needed .01 farads every 100 watts

please dont give car audio advice.
sorry ist 0.1 per 100 watts i put the 0 in the wrong place

well considering i just realized i had my alt switched out last year as it wasnt charging my batt properly and my mech put in a high out put 220 amp 12v alt i only need the cap to have a steady stream of power to the amp nothing else. also i have a buddy that works at visions so i can get everything at cost plus 5% so im saving 500-600 bucks on a 1500 dollar sound system im fine with getting it for an extra 15bucks(actual cost)
just like every other noob....just because he works at a shop doesn't mean he is god of car audio and knows all.... you should do better research about the math behind capacitors and you may realize that in most automotive situations 1/12,000 of a second is not enough time function of power to remove the spikes from the line while playing music.

im gonna be picking up 2x Pioneer Premier 1000W DVC 10" 2-Ohm Subwoofer, Pioneer 300W 6x9 3-way Speakers, Pioneer 200W 5 1/4" 3-Way Speakers , Pioneer DEHP600UB, Alpine 1000W V-Power Mono Amplifier and the cap will be Stinger Digital 1 Farad PRO Electrolytic Capacitor

i never said he was an audio god he's simply getting me a good discount on what im getting

im still not done tweaking the subs and speakers i might be changing out the subs for Kicker 800W Slim 12" 2-Ohm Subwoofer and aPioneer 800W Class-D Mono Amplifier just to bring down the power consumption some

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.