Should I swap my speakers in the rear?

Participant count
  • Participant list

red mad 1

CarAudio.com Newbie
uk
Hi guys im upgrading the moment, swapping C5 252 two way for the C5 653 3 way in the front may issue is where to install the mid and tweeter? kick plate of door pillars?

Second issue is should I swap my C3 coaxial speakers in the rear for these spare C5 525? as their components?? will it sound pants? I am using a fix 86 also so do have the rear fade

cheers

Hi guys im upgrading the moment, swapping C5 252 two way for the C5 653 3 way in the front may issue is where to install the mid and tweeter? kick plate of door pillars?

Second issue is should I swap my C3 coaxial speakers in the rear for these spare C5 525? as their components?? will it sound pants? I am using a fix 86 also so do have the rear fade

cheers
Upgrading is your best bet. Components in the back is no different than coaxials. It will not sound different for they are too far for imaging. So I say just mount the tweeters within 12" of the full ranges.

Honestly I'd stick with the coaxial in the rear unless there's a reason to swap them out...then again I try to avoid making things more complicated unless there's a real benefit 😳🤣

Its best not to put any speakers in the rear except for subs since they are non directional unless you like pulling from your soundstage ....Do you like listening to a concert in front of you or while your up leaving and walking out the door ?

bloody mine field haha, im just upgrading, I have jl hd 600/4 and hd 750/1 wd7 12" sealed c5 653 with fix 86 and c3 in the back. I'm stuck where to mount the tweeters and mid in the front , should I go kick plate or pillars? im wondering to buy a twk 88 to match the fix 86. but I do have a spare fix 82 and wondering to now use the fix 82 and twk d88 and move the rears to the front and make the front a weapon. I popped speakers in back for passengers, but as u say the stage plays forward. really stuck here as it seems better to go double ups in the front haha. where and how the hell do you mount that lot

Its best not to put any speakers in the rear except for subs since they are non directional unless you like pulling from your soundstage ....Do you like listening to a concert in front of you or while your up leaving and walking out the door ?
see below cheers buudy

Upgrading is your best bet. Components in the back is no different than coaxials. It will not sound different for they are too far for imaging. So I say just mount the tweeters within 12" of the full ranges.
thanks buddy so mounting c5 two way in the back no probs. what about setting up the c5 three way in the front?? in a van ?? VW transport t6? do you think go for low kick panel install as shown in jl manual and woofer in the door? or pop the mid and tweet in the pillar?

cheers

thanks buddy so mounting c5 two way in the back no probs. what about setting up the c5 three way in the front?? in a van ?? VW transport t6? do you think go for low kick panel install as shown in jl manual and woofer in the door? or pop the mid and tweet in the pillar?

cheers
Only reason I would use the kick location was if the speaker magnets did not clear the door's regulator/glass.
As for the 3way location, I would mount the tweeters and mini-mids on the dash by the A-pillars in aluminum pods. They would look absolutely beautiful. Since you have all that DSP goodness, you can subdue the sound to keep them from pulling rank over the 6.5s.
Screenshot_20230412-201138.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...