single cab truck setup?

newyorkjets00
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok i got a 93 s10 single cab.. i talked to crutchfield and they say the only 4x6 speakers that will fit in it are the Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X462C... anything else i would have to cut or make room for..

so im wating to get 4x6 for the front and 4x10 for the rear thats the stock sizes..

then i was thinkin there is no room behind the seat so im gona go with 2 10's prolly and i nice size amp to push them dont wana spend a whole lot on them though..

so what would you get if you were me and were on a budget the kenwoods he told me about are about 60 shipped on ebay for fronts and 60 for the back.

then i was thinkin about about 200 or under on the 10's and mayb get a used amp for 100 bux and another for the door speakers for 50.

do one sub and feed it lots of power......my 10" Q has fantastic output for being a 10" in a sealed box. SQ subwoofer dont usually need much space to sound good

I have 2 10" CVRs with a ZX1500.1 running at 4 ohms. Also I have Infinity Reference plates in my dash of my S-10 so more than kenwoods will fit.

6.5 inch components fit in the doors on my s-10, but it's a 2003. i would delete the rear speakers and just use the ones up front. get some decent front speakers and a small amp. i would even consider an 8 inch in a single cab. 8's can be surprisingly good, especially with little room.

I was gonna tell you to talk to that Ken guy as he has a nice slick setup.

Also you can get adaptor plates to fit other speakers in place of your 4x6's. I have those as factory speakers as well and got adaptors to fit my 5 1/4" componet set in there. Even got the tweeter in there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.