Sketchup Practice...give me your preferred net volume and tuning frequency

8 cubes net tuned to 30hz for a pair of SA-15's... subs up/port back... I had to beg off on a design as I'm not feeling well again... maybe you can help the OP in this thread?..
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634943-please-help-alternator.html

I might disappear again for a bit... this has been fun but I'm not feelin well again
I have no idea what any of that means.

Edit: I figured it out. I didn't realize the alternator part was a link and I was really, really confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing i'm not for certain though...when designing the box for port length, I measured from the middle of both port pieces all the way down. That's what the 13.25" and 11.75" measurements are...which is 25" combined. But, for the end correction, I read somewhere that you take half of the port width and take that from the length. Do you have to add that to the length or subtract it? I subtracted it in this example for the 26" requested length but I wasn't completely sure on that. Although i'm sure the difference wouldn't even be audible.
The edge of the box that is a port wall effectively lengthens the port by half a port width. So if your inside piece is 15" deep on 3" wide port your subs "see" 16.5" port depth.

Try this one out, it's a flat wall. 21.780 net, 380sq in. top port, all dbl layered, triple baffle, internal bracing and 45's, 52w x 44h x 28d to work with, six 15's tuned at 42hz

I have no idea what any of that means.
Edit: I figured it out. I didn't realize the alternator part was a link and I was really, really confused.
His available space is up to 35H x 45W x 40D on a 2000 watt Sundown amp... I thought you'd need that if you haven't contacted him... anyone?.. I'm out

I'm honestly surprised how much interest i've got for designs....there's too many for me to tackle. If anyone wants one, PM me and i'll design the box, and give you a cut-out sheet for your build.

Lol you opened the flood gates for free box designs hahaha

All this dang sketchup and box design stuff motivated me to design a new ported box for my 4 12s in the Yukon lol... now I just gotta build it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol you opened the flood gates for free box designs hahaha
All this dang sketchup and box design stuff motivated me to design a new ported box for my 4 12s in the Yukon lol... now I just gotta build it.
This is true....but like I said if anyone wants one just PM me and it'll be easier for me to keep track of.

I'm honestly surprised how much interest i've got for designs....there's too many for me to tackle. If anyone wants one, PM me and i'll design the box, and give you a cut-out sheet for your build.
I don't need a design. You said you wanted figures to use to practice with. That's all I was doing.

There used to be a lot of designers left and right between this forum and CACO. They all left/disappeared w/o a trace. We certainly could use a few more as new people jump into the car audio scene wanting a design for a build.

I was never specifically talking about you. lol
I didn't think you were. Just a general statement to you i guess. As you really seemed like you were getting overwhelmed with actual design requests. Just wanted to let you know tat I did not need a design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slikrider20

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
slikrider20
Nebraska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date