sony or kenwood

i heard good things about alpine cd players but i just dont like how they look they just look plain as hell and they never really change the design of them and they look like they where design in the 80s

That's the beauty of Alpines. No other deck looks right in a BMW or Mercedes, except Eclipse. Alpine has the cleanest look IMO. I grew out of the Dolphins swimming across the screen 6 years ago. Out of the two the Kenwood wins hands down. If I were you I'd get their Excelon HU.

i heard good things about alpine cd players but i just dont like how they look they just look plain as hell and they never really change the design of them and they look like they where design in the 80s
werd. alpines look like blah. i woulda got one too if they looked half decent. i went for a similar sony than the one you mentioned, the CDX- GT620u http://nexus404.com/Blog/2008/05/14/sony-unveil-new-xplod-in-car-cd-players-with-emphasis-on-digital-media-support-cdx-gt920u-cdx-gt620u

it's great. many people will say sony is garbage...but i really don't understand why. offers everything that alpine/pioneers have (aside from maybe a better equalizer, but sony's does the job just FINE). plus lots of features for a nice cheap price. not to mention its one of the nicest, cleanest looking HU's imo. the kenwood you mentioned, if you haven't seen it in store - it looks pretty cheap imo. i don't think you'd be disappointed with the sony unless you're hardcore audiophreak.

That Sony does not offer that the same features as Alpine and Pioneer. Maybe on paper, but will never perform like a Pioneer and Alpine in the real world. I installed a Sony in my girl's Lexus ES300 and it looks very pretty, but it doesn't perform worth a ****. The 3 preouts **** that are supposed to be 5 volts. The 5-band EQ ***** and the sq is just not there, but she likes it. She says my Alpine 9887 sounds better, but she's not an audiophile. I also hooked up 2 12 Sony Xplode and 2 amps. Those 12's **** so bad, but she wanted her brands to match. Sony radios were good quality in 1988. I wish they'd put the same effort in Car Audio as they do HDTV's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.