sony xplode

yeah i know that, but my hu is the only one that it will **** up on
Until you hear a real system, and realize the rest of yours has to go for better stuff... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i have herd really good systems, and this is my first one, you gotta start somewhere.

plus, money is a lil tight ya herrd.

and like i said, it was in my friends car before, and it hit quite well.

but when we hook it up on my **** it dosnt hit quite as well

Quality is very big also... I'm pumping ~600w into some shitty subs currently, and they are not as loud as my friends Fosgates which are running at about 300w...

I hear you though.. It's pretty loud, and works for the time being.

Not sure how crazy you want to get with your HU, but something like this would be pretty nice for the price.

That site may seem kinda shady, but it's really a great place!

Yeah, Quality > Quanity.

If you wanna stay with the single sub setup & SQ (sound quality) is what your looking for. Just upgrade your amp: Kicker, MTX, Memphis, etc.

Stay away from, : Sony, Boss, Jensen style equipment.

hi everyone, i have a 12' eclipse and a 250watt amp. but my sub wont hit hard, i was wondering if it was because of the size of the amp vs the sub or if its my head unit, because when ever i try to turn my head unit up, it also turns off if it trys to hit hard.

soo idk.

anyone got an idea.

thankx alot.
Does the sub turn off, or does the HU turn off?

If it is the sub turning off, check your grounds. A lack of proper grounds would throw it into protect. Also, although I HIGHLY doubt it, a large voltage drop causes protect, but 250RMS is nothing to cause a Voltage drop like that.

If it is the HU shutting off, then it is the internal amplifier going into protect. I had an older Sony X-Plod HU in my old car,and it reacted the same way to higher volumes. Your best bet is to turn off all EQ's such as the Super bass EQ and bass boost, as that causes it to turn off ther most. use an external booster such as the Bass boost on your amp if needbe, but watchout for clipping. This bought me a few more volume settings on the speakers.

To be honest, the Hu is cheap, but aside from the fact of it shutting off, I never had any complaints for the sound quality. it wasn't spectacular, but it next to no 'floor' noise, and the SSO option was neat on my Pioneer speakers, made them real crisp and clear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.