Sound Quality!!!!!!!

audi-abahn

Hey, I have a Toyota 4runner nad i want to get soem subs in it. Top priority is superb sound quality. Ireally could care less how loud it gets as long as its decent. My main focus is on sound quality. I already have a custom box built for two 12" subs. But i ve also heard that a bandpass has better sound quality and porting tubes would make better sound quality. So basicaly im looking for two 12" subs (and a amp) that has awesome sound quality. I had a audi A6 which had a bose system in it and that sounded awesome; it had everything i wanted, crips tight bass, lots of range, and it got pretty loud. Thx and any help would be .......helpful.

Bandpass is the worst way you can go for sound quality.......if you're looking for all out SQ, I'd say keep the box sealed. If you want a mix of SQ and SPL, you could go ported and tune the box low. What are the specs on your current box? Chances are it will be easier to get the subs you want and then design and a build box specifically for them, instead of trying to find subs that fit the box you have.

What's your price range for everything?

keep the box sealed as in no port tubes? Id rather go no porting so if that would sound better than thats a plus, but for specs its trapazoidial, ill have to measure the exact dimensions and get to ya on that. And theres a problem, i already payed for the box so im going to have to find the best sound quality subs for that box =/........thx

Well im still loking around so exclude money right now, i wanna know the whole picture of what im looking at....becuz if no cheap sub wil do it for me and give me good soundquality, then ill save up and get a higer end one. Volumn il have to getbak to ya on that one

So far these are the replys im getting from my firends. I dont kow squat about subs so if you guys could help me out this would be great. Brands are as follows :

-Rockford Fosgate HX2

-Infinity Perfects

-Kickers (not surewhat kind)

-w7's (friend just siad this one, i dont even kow where to find it)

once again, SQ is top prority just as long as it hits semi hard.

Well im still loking around so exclude money right now, i wanna know the whole picture of what im looking at....becuz if no cheap sub wil do it for me and give me good soundquality, then ill save up and get a higer end one. Volumn il have to getbak to ya on that one
i think 2 ED O's would be perfect. they will sound Awsome and get plenty loud for u. http://www.edesignaudio.com I havent heard it yet but Nate(Nswartley) has one and says it sounds like a JL w6. pretty nice considering its half the price.

So far these are the replys im getting from my firends. I dont kow squat about subs so if you guys could help me out this would be great. Brands are as follows :-Rockford Fosgate HX2

-Infinity Perfects

-Kickers (not surewhat kind)

-w7's (friend just siad this one, i dont even kow where to find it)

once again, SQ is top prority just as long as it hits semi hard.
-dont even think about Hx2's they get loud as hell and sound like ****.

-Infinity perfects sound quite good, but dont get that loud and cant handle much power well. U can get better for what u would spend on them

-Kickers well thats not SQ oriented at all either Comp VR's can sound good, L5's can sound OK, and L7 is an SPL sub, doesnt sound too good.

-W7 is one of the best SQ subs on the market and will get plenty loud, too bad the peice of **** is overpriced like no other and u can get so much more for whatd u pay for that

-Kickers well thats not SQ oriented at all either Comp VR's can sound good, L5's can sound OK, and L7 is an SPL sub, doesnt sound too good.
Tell that to the kicker equipped SQ competitors that took home 1st places at world finals this year.

It's fine that you want to be outside of mainstream - but stop taking a crap on products that have proven themselves over and over and over again.

Tell that to the kicker equipped SQ competitors that took home 1st places at world finals this year.
It's fine that you want to be outside of mainstream - but stop taking a crap on products that have proven themselves over and over and over again.
i thought in SQ competitions they play the music at very low volumes and the subs play a very small factor.....

i mean i heard of someone saying a guy won a SQ competition with a Solo X. So sure say what u want.

Thx guys for all the help. Like i said im still gaining info so lets say i had infinite money to spend on two 12" subs. What would you guys reccomend, price not being an issue. But once again sound quality being top priority. Thx

I havent heard it yet but Nate(Nswartley) has one and says it sounds like a JL w6. pretty nice considering its half the price.
the W6v2s, not W6s. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

if you're on a budget, the O series does nicely if you want to send it ~600 watts.

if you're looking around 300 watts, i suggest the ed K series, IDQ, adire shiva, etc etc.

-nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.