soundstream 2 channel amps

anyone have any/know anything about any of these particular models? good? bad? give me your opinions please.

they go in this order:

Reference Series

Tarantula Series

Picasso Series

Xstream Series

any of these 4 could be used to power my mids:

REF800.2 (400w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $429.00 - onlinecarstereo.com

TRA800.2 (400w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $255 - ebay

PCA2.760 (380w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $175 - ebay

XTA880.2 (440w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $160 - ebay

any of these 4 could be used to power my tweets:

REF300.2 (150w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $279.00 - onlinecarstereo.com

TRA340.2 (170w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $179 - ebay

PCA2.360 (180w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $109 - ebay

XTA360.2 (180w x 2 @ 2 ohms) $139 - ebay

VJ

there are no such thing right now as the reference series just fyi,, they were put off till 2007 and poss idefinately... so there is no where period you will find that ref800.2 or the 300.2 even if they show them on a web site they are non -existant...

Look for the older stuff on ebay. The newer stuff is ok, at best. I preferred Soundstream as well, that's why I got the Van goghs, but I'm not really pleased with them and most likely will never run Soundstream again unless it's the older reference or rubicon series.

i dont know which models are old or new:crap:

i basically need a 400w rms x 2 @ 2 ohm amp

and a 180w rms x 2 @ 2 ohm amp (or as close to those power ratings as you can get)

if someone can help me find an old one thats in good condition, id be greatful:)

id prefer they both be the same gen of SS amps so they will match, they already will not be matching the SS xxx10000....i dont know why they didnt make all their amps just look alike like most companies do:mad:

VJ

check their website. http://www.soundstream.com/owner-manuals.htm

They have the discontinued amps and manuals. After they got bought out, they starting making alot of their amps overseas and the quality now is no where near what it once was.

I actually have an old Reference 700s that I am gonna put in my car for my comps. The amp is like 10 yrs old but better then most crap out today. I'm using a US amp( MD2) for my sub. They still make quality amps.

A perfect find would be a reference 1000 - rated 400x2 @ 2ohms and a reference 500 - rated 150x2 @ 2 ohms plus they are under rated, you will probably get the 180x2 you are looking for.

Check on ebay from time to time if you heart is set on the older stuff. you will eventually come across them. I saw some reference stuff on there the other day.

I have run MANY of the new soundstream amps in different cars. And so far I haven't had a single problem.

The only problem I ever had was with one of the older XXX series amps, but Soundstream said they fixed the problems with those, and since then I have never had a problem with it.

People who said there was something wrong with the new SS amps, let me know what you had problems with. Maybe it was in the install and not the amp. Because I haven't had any problems with the tarantula series to date.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.