Soundstream 7870DVD...Anyone have this? Any Good?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yea, thats kinda what I was thinking, I just happen to see this while I was looking around for her a new headunit and thought she might like it as a fun toy but the main thing it needs is to sound good. The touch screen would just be for kicks, i think I will just order her a Alpine 117 and be done with it, she can watch movies at home. Thanks guys

I hear ya. Soundstream is really an entry level brand with only some of their products worth the money. Alpine on the other hand is higher quality. (though I will say I'm biased toward alpine).

Well, looks like I stuck my foot in my mouth on this one. I showed the freaking soundstream touch screen to my wife to see what she thought she might want in her car and she wants to **** touch screen badly. She has Rockford fosgate amps, ID CTX65 Comps and IDQ 10 D4 Subs and now she wants the **** soundstream instead of the Alpine 117. I told her she had a good sounding system in her car and that the touchscreen would not sound near as good as the Alpine would but she does not care she wants the touch screen......

So here is what I am thinking, since this is all my fault should I just give in and get a really good touch screen for her, Say no and get the Alpine and have her mad for a month, or just buy the Soundstream and say here ya go? What would you do?

Daddy like's da juice, want to keep the wife happy, then in turn she keeps daddy happy. Gonna order her a Pioneer 5200DVD me thinks, cause if Moma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.............

How did your 5200 sound with the EQ hooked up? I bet it is pretty good. I ordered the Alpine 117 for her last Friday, I hope I did well, I ordered from a top seller on Ebay and I got it for $225.00 with free shipping, brand new, or atleast they said it is brand new lol, I guess we will see when it gets here. Thank you for all the good advice you guys gave.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.