Soundstream S10 XTREME build 40k + watts!

Well my Christmas gift came today from Tsunami, this is about 1/3 of the stuff I ordered.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

After 20 mins of unpacking everything I'm left with this, and 20293813 empty boxes.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

So what came today was:

150ft of 0 guage power

50ft of 0 gauge ground

125ft of 4 gauge power

125ft of 4 gauge ground

125ft of 8 gauge

4 distroblocks mini anl

4 distroblocks

+20 X20 RCA "y" adapters

10 X20 RCA 6ft

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

Going to give these a try

IMG_1158.jpg

I thought getting 4 of these would make it easier to get power to the 16 600w amps going in

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

I have some new pics of some other stuff for the engine bay also, such as the alt bracket //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, I'll upload those as soon as I get over to my garage.

well guys here's a little Christms present since it's close to their release date

I'm going to tell you guys what I'm going to be using for my subs.... right after long cat.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongcat.JPG

I'm using the NEW XXX-18's.. yes a NEW version, just as baddass if not better than the current. I can't go into detail about the surround, but I can say that it is the most advanced surround on the market PERIOD! Also, the new version has hot swap recones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif its so simple a chimp can do it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It will be a flat wall of 4 18's.

Merry Christmas guys
qft

Here's a couple more updates,

I got a couple other boxes from Tsunami yesterday, mostly ring terminals and 250ft of th speaker wire.

I love getting boxes like this

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

Now here's some pics of what it looks like spot fit on the alts.

IMG_1169-1.jpg

The last couple days I've been resurfacing various parts, the two I'm working on right now are the caste aluminum mounts for the stock alt and the A/C

I didnt take a "before" photo, but this block looked like hell before, and I'm still not done with it yet.

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1165-1.jpg

I also just ordered some new goodies,

New control arms,

New ceramic coated heads

heat wrap tape

New steering joint assembly

Belltech shocks

new HID headlights

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack up updates, I still haven't gotten my own camera so I keep having to leach off my parents and they don't like that too much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anywho I haven't done much the last couple days because I was celebrating my 21st bday, but that's changing today

Today the engine is actually being pulled so I can refinish the block and the rest of the frame... yes I'm pulling the engine just to clean everything up lol. The work schedule is that I should have the whole underbody and engine bay sealed and coated by Sunday, and then it's reassembling everything (ugh)

After that, the some audio Pron is going to start //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :)

so stay tuned for some pics tonight!

whoops sorry guys I've been slacking with the updates here

Here's some new pics, I pulled the engine out to do a nice tune up and to paint the frame and underbody as well

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

Just got my order of paint today, went way overbudget, but it's totally worth it, I never want to have to do this again, and POR-15 can actually guarantee that.

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

I'll get into a little more detail in my next post on exactly how to paint with this stuff if you don't already know

Here's the prep process of what needs to be done before something is painted. It can be VERY time consuming :shrug: but patience is key and in the end totally pays off.

Step 1.

Get your part!

IMG_1263.jpg

Step 2.

Strip the old paint. For paint stripping, I used POR-15's POR strip. It works very well, but still it's time consuming.

IMG_1269.jpg

Step 3.

Degrease the part with POR-15's Marine Clean. DON'T use any other degreaser! Other solvents can leave an invisible coating which my cause problems with the paint sticking correctly. But honestly, Marine Clean is the best degreaser I've ever used so I defintely recommend it even if it's not for paint prep.

IMG_1270.jpg

Step. 4

Apply Metal-Ready primer. If painting clean metal you need to apply this. READ Directions! After the part has been rinsed, it will have a grimy goldish hue. This is the best surface for POR-15 to be painted on.

IMG_1271.jpg

Before the part is rinsed

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

After rinsing

IMG_1275.jpg

What the metal looks like now

IMG_1278.jpg

Step 5.

Paint

Haven't gotten to painting yet, but I'll post it up when it's done

Now I didn't go into the process very thoroughly, but I'll make a real in depth write up once I have a very more parts done to show the full process.

Want to decrease your paint stripping time considerably.. use this:

aircraft-remover.jpg

This is some NASTY stuff, but itll strip paint in a hurry. We used to strip out paint pots with it when I was a production painter.. Went from hundreds of coats of paint to bare metal in minutes.

When is the audio portion of this build going to commence?

Want to decrease your paint stripping time considerably.. use this:
aircraft-remover.jpg

This is some NASTY stuff, but itll strip paint in a hurry. We used to strip out paint pots with it when I was a production painter.. Went from hundreds of coats of paint to bare metal in minutes.

When is the audio portion of this build going to commence?

DANG I gots to get me some of that then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks for the tip

The audioz will commence once I : 1. Get my new equipment, (still waiting on a few things to come in before I make my order) and 2. Getting all the engine/underbody work done and out of the way.

careful with it, Keep a bucket of water nearby. If you get it on your skin, you know it (takes a min or two to let you know, but it does!) Rubber gloves, clothes you hate with long sleeves and goggles! They sell it in aerosol too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.