speaker wiring help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dr. Slam
10+ year member

Slamming hoes n trunks...
here's the deal: i have an mb quartz dsc 480. ( 80 x 4 at 4 ohms, 160 x 4 at 2 ohms, 320 bridged at 4 ohms ) i have 6 speakers that im trying to wire to this amp. 2 infinity kappa 962.9s ( 110w each at 2 ohm ), 2 infinity references 930.9s ( 110w each at 4 ohms ), 2 infinity kappa 52.9s ( 55w at 2 ohms ). My question is, what is the best way i can wire everything to get the most power to my speakers?

The best thing i could thing of was to wire the 692.9s on they"re own channels and bridge the 930.9s and the 52.9s to 2 channels at a 3 ohm load. Is they're a better way w/o purchasing another amp? any tips, suggestion, and help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are these speakers located in your car? I'd worry about amping the fronts and forget the rear. Or just amp 4 and forget the last set. If you must amp them all, then I'd say the 3 ohm idea is best.

is that max or rms speakers ?

confusing reading.

amp

xxx rms@ 4 ohms

xxx rms@2 ohms

speakers

xxx rms x ohms each

ect..ect

Where are these speakers located in your car? I'd worry about amping the fronts and forget the rear. Or just amp 4 and forget the last set. If you must amp them all, then I'd say the 3 ohm idea is best.
Ok me being a car audio newbie, i'm assuming that since i don"t watch movies in the car it wont matter if i mix front and back signals. Will the 3 ohm bridged load kill my amp? and will wiring the 55 watt speakers with the 110 speakers damage the 55 watt speakers with running 320 watts running through em?

I was thinking keep it as a 4 channel and run the 3 ohm load on two of those channels. You'll definitely be ok like that. Wattage can be controlled, just because an amp is capable of 300 watts, doesn't mean you have you use all 300 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.