Speakers ot what expected/not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
So i have 2 issues here, my setup is my sig, its not as loud as id like it to be, im running everything active, and my other issue is i noticed the volume randomly reduces itself and goes back up. Anyone have anybisight on this? Would getting some pro audio mids and tweets be louder?

How are you running everything active with that equipment in your signature? Do you mean the volume changes on the radio by itself?
Through my amp i have my tweets on channel 1/2 and mids on channel 3/4 i set my crossovers with a cc-1 my mids are at 3.1khz and the mids at 100hz. And yea ill be listening to music and it suddenly lowers itself and goes back up? I also get this random static sound out of nowhere. You think its my HU thats meseed up?

Oh and its not loud at ALL like my sub over powers my vocals real quick. And my gains were set with dd-1

Test the amp with a different source.

Part of correctly setting up an active system is setting all levels so the sound is balanced. Setting gains with a DD-1 does nothing for ensuring a smooth balance between all speakers. It's fine to have the subs louder than the mids, but it shouldn't be drowning them out.

Like hook up the rcas to a different headunit? My gains on my 4 channel are a little less than half way but my sub COMPLETELY drowns them out. Im scared if i put my gains higher ill blow my mids im already on my 3rd set of tweeters. Are xs65 comps not loud? Should i just get some pro audio stuff?

Like hook up the rcas to a different headunit? My gains on my 4 channel are a little less than half way but my sub COMPLETELY drowns them out. Im scared if i put my gains higher ill blow my mids im already on my 3rd set of tweeters. Are xs65 comps not loud? Should i just get some pro audio stuff?
the Image dynamics comps arent meant to be loud but it should be able to keep up with a 10" zv4 just fine.

Definitely switch out the head unit before you dump more money man. Before, i had the same problem with my jbl ms62c on a pioneer 4200 ub, mids and highs were always drowned out. Got an 80 prs and man, never ever thought the jbls would get that loud and clear. A good source makes the biggest difference.

I'd only go to pro audio if you were doing four 15s or something.

Also switch out your connections. Tweets on the 3/4 channels and mids on the 1/2 channels. Check your grounds with a DMM see what kind of resistance you get. make sure you crossed your tweeters correctly too. At 45% gain it should be way more then enough to get those mids going. Definitely change up the head unit.

the Image dynamics comps arent meant to be loud but it should be able to keep up with a 10" zv4 just fine. Definitely switch out the head unit before you dump more money man. Before, i had the same problem with my jbl ms62c on a pioneer 4200 ub, mids and highs were always drowned out. Got an 80 prs and man, never ever thought the jbls would get that loud and clear. A good source makes the biggest difference.

I'd only go to pro audio if you were doing four 15s or something.

Also switch out your connections. Tweets on the 3/4 channels and mids on the 1/2 channels. Check your grounds with a DMM see what kind of resistance you get. make sure you crossed your tweeters correctly too. At 45% gain it should be way more then enough to get those mids going. Definitely change up the head unit.
Thats the thing i really want to switch my HU, but i want a double din with nav, the 80prs is very tepting but idk it doesnt seem for me. Is there a reason for switching my connections?

Thats the thing i really want to switch my HU, but i want a double din with nav, the 80prs is very tepting but idk it doesnt seem for me. Is there a reason for switching my connections?
Its worth a shot, since the signal sent might be different for each channel if the head unit has any kind of soundstage seperation built in. Also check for polarity too. For the head unit, those pioneer double din navis have decent sound processors built in so no worries on that.

I've been having a similar issue...Crescendo Mezzos up front and sending maybe 75 watts to them. Not nearly loud enough, didn't sound good at all. I first tried with a 100w/ch DD Audio 4 channel. It had 1 broken ground shield on the 3rd ch input, so I thought maybe that was causing the lack in volume. Sent the amp for repair and bought an RF Prime 400-4 to experiment in meantime. Then, I thought maybe they are underpowered. So, I bridged the new 4 ch to send 200w to these and my first impression is AWESOME!! There is way more volume and the midbass got way better. Maybe you need more power.

Static noise in mids - YouTube

This is another thing that started happening i get a really crappy static noise. Through radio AND ipod via aux or usb. Ill check my ohm load tonight after class. And lastnight my bass would dissapear at times. I really hope its my HU and not my amps...And yes the voltage issue fixed itself somehow, idk maybe the alt needed to charge up or something but mow my voltage is good i dont drop below 14 unless REALLY heavy bass hit.

so this whole chech ground resistance hows it done? i got my dmm and set it to 200k ohms and i put the positive on my power cable and negative on my ground and it read 1 but to the left not on the right. am i doing it wrong or is that the test and that means something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.