SQ/SQL Setup for Nissan Frontier King Cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nkosibaas

Hey all! I know you never see the end of these "what should I get for the most roxzorz system ever. I have $221 to spend" posts.

I used to be very into car audio before I got busy with college and started riding motorcycles for years. Now I bought a lil truck for commuting and to tow the bikes and I want a good system in it.

SPL is not as much of a concern to me considering the size of the cab (it's an '08 so it's not as teeny as the old ones but it's still not a large space) I think anything decent is going to be loud in there, and quality is much more important to me. I'd still like it to be loud enough that I wouldn't want to crank it all the way up very often //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

So here's the deal, my budget is I think acceptable to cover a decent install and I think I want:

• New HU - Don't care too much about all the bells and whistles, doesn't need to have DVD or any of that crap, just provide high quality sound/power. Aesthetics take backseat

• Front stage- If possible because of the small size of the cab I'd like to try to stay away from building kick panels so I'm looking for something with good off-axis response. Also, my impression is that since I think I only want one 12" or two 8"-10" sub drivers in sealed enclosure that I would want active crossovers for the front stage and let the drivers handle the low-range. However; if kick panels and the proper front stage make all the diff I'll do it. opinions?

• Subs - Last time I was in "the know" on this kinda stuff I seem to remember everyone touting the IDmax V3 12's for SQ systems. I like it to thump but again it's more about quality for me first, I listen to a VERY diverse range of music. Not just thumpin ghetto romance all the time. So I think I'm looking for one 12" or two 8"-10" drivers. What's going to get the most bang for buck/best low end coverage to leave front stage free?

• Rear stage - Not really that concerned here. Would I be making a mistake by leaving OEM speakers in the rear doors?

• Amps - Figure one for the sub, one for the front/rear stages. Again, quality of power and sound produced is key to me here.

I don't mind buying used and I'm trying to keep the whole project around $2000-2500.

Does this sound doable? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance for all of y'alls time!

That sig is your Frontier? You have any pics of the install bro? I'm wondering whether the back seat will even be usable at all if I put more than one sub in. If someone wouldn't mind recommending hardware I'm not familiar with what's current. Last time I bought a sub W7's had JUST come out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.