Stumped..Lights still Dimming

Participant count
  • Participant list
your voltage is dropping. get a lil cap-bank to smooth the ripple.

Maxwell D Cell Power 350F 350 F Farad 2 7V Super Capacitor Cap Ultra Battery | eBay

series 5 of these. you can use some good 10awg wire between each cap but use at least a #2 for the feed. wire them parallel with your battery to a fuse block then come out the fuse broke to the amp. connect hem to the battery and run individual leads from hte caps in parallel with the battery..

That gain seems a bit high to me. Have you tried 1/2 and see what happens?
At 1/2 it wouldn't Barely move the Sub.

your voltage is dropping. get a lil cap-bank to smooth the ripple.Maxwell D Cell Power 350F 350 F Farad 2 7V Super Capacitor Cap Ultra Battery | eBay

series 5 of these. you can use some good 10awg wire between each cap but use at least a #2 for the feed. wire them parallel with your battery to a fuse block then come out the fuse broke to the amp. connect them to the battery and run individual leads from the caps in parallel with the battery..
I'll look into those. I'll have to figure a way to hide them in my install.

Whats the difference between that and a CAP or BATCAP..

Do you have any idea how low your voltage is dropping?

Some cars are worse than others. I've seen guys dip into the low 13s with no headlight dimming, and some losing .2v with highly noticeable dimming.

If your electrical isn't the problem and you can't stand the dimming, consider running HIDs. They're much less susceptible to dimming, but you have to make sure you're running them right.

At 1/2 it wouldn't Barely move the Sub.

I'll look into those. I'll have to figure a way to hide them in my install.

Whats the difference between that and a CAP or BATCAP..
I've heard/read bad things about that particular amp, as LosisaTool said. You shouldn't have to crank your gain up to 3/4 to hear your sub(s) or even have bass. Either the amp or you have very low voltage HU that's causing a problem too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.