Sub bottoming out?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dev199505

CarAudio.com Elite
US
OK guys I'm having a weird issue I think it's the sub bottoming out (loud popping noise?) But it only happens when I play rap God by Eminem above vol 30. I can play any other song with no issues. Rap God is the only one that does it. I even have a song that has a 27hz bass tone in it and it doesn't make the noise

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Is it the quality of the audio file? Have you tried getting the song from multiple sources and testing it?

The loudest bass note is about 48hz so I don't think it would be bottoming out because doesn't bottoming out usually occur with much lower notes

Is it the quality of the audio file? Have you tried getting the song from multiple sources and testing it?
The loudest bass note is about 48hz so I don't think it would be bottoming out because doesn't bottoming out usually occur with much lower notes

Idk I would have to hear it. Could be the song is recorded bad,
As much as it'll hurt to do it I'll record a video tomorrow after work. I can't remember the quality of it I could try it on YouTube in the morning and see if it does it. I'll post a video tomorrow

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Box is tuned to 35hz

where exactly does the sound happen? i can sort of hear it but its hard to say much with a phone mic lol it almost sounds like a piece of metal nearby tbh

sometimes it can be attributed to wood on the box slapping rather than a sub bottoming out, but it is moving pretty good

listening to it more it just sounds like a note that your sub doesnt want to reproduce, or the gain is set so high and that note is clipped so hard when it was recorded it sounds like that

put a scope on the signal when that song plays, see what it looks like lol

It's only on the first song (rap God) doesn't happen on any other song. And as you can tell the second song I played the sub was moving a lot more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.