Sub does not fit in new car! Suggestions?

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok.. So I had my SA-15 on a zx1000.1 in a 33 hz tuned box in a 2003 Acura RSX. I no longer have that car. Got a 2005 Mitsu Lancer Ralliart. I've had it for over a month and my sub had just been sitting in my closet but I finally decided to put it in and it doesn't fit in trunk. I put it on the back seats but it looks dumb and I can't put my seat back very far. So I need a new sub stage setup for the trunk.

My box is HxWxD 17x34x23 inches. I can only fit just under 15x28x28.

So far I have thought of the following options

1) Make/buy a sealed box

2) Trade for an SA-12, possibly trade boxes as well

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Would I be sacrificing a lot of SQ or SPL by going sealed? Output is very important to me especially around 28-40 hz. Is there perhaps a subwoofer that can get louder with this amount of power while requiring less airspace? I miss my bass lol

I think this box is optimal if I'm not mistaken. Was built by Donny (Team TH).

Current Box:

Box Overall measurements:

16.5" H / 33.5" W / 23" D

Box Design:

Gross Volume - 5.67 Ft^3

Net Volume - 3.47 Ft^3

Port Area - 69.88 In^2

Port Area Per Foot - 20.14 In^2

Tuning Frequency - 33.78 Hz

Net Volume is on point. 3.47 cubes. It sounds optimal anyway. Exceeded my expectations times 3. But 15x28x28 is less volume than this box. I guess I could go ported. Any benefit to sealed other than space and cost? Who on here is known for making and selling sick enclosures these days? Pro-rabbit was the guy back a few years ago when I was active on here but his last login was like a year ago.

Current Box:

Box Design:

Gross Volume - 5.67 Ft^3

Net Volume - 3.47 Ft^3

Port Area - 69.88 In^2

Net Volume is on point. 3.47 cubes. It sounds optimal anyway. Exceeded my expectations times 3. But 15x28x28 is less volume than this box. I guess I could go ported. Any benefit to sealed other than space and cost? Who on here is known for making and selling sick enclosures these days? Pro-rabbit was the guy back a few years ago when I was active on here but his last login was like a year ago.
Go ported with an octoport. I'll hook you up. Pm me if interested.

What are these octoports? I need a box for a skar ma 8
Current Box:

Box Design:

Gross Volume - 5.67 Ft^3

Net Volume - 3.47 Ft^3

Port Area - 69.88 In^2

If you wanna check out stang's work.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cscstang-customs/544782418996602?sk=photos_stream

Pro-rabbit dipped and fucked a bunch of people IIRC.

Edit: censor off? **** **** **** ****.

Follow-up edit: nope. Somehow my original fucked slipped through there though.

Continuation of the edit saga: seems as though "fucked" is one variation of "****" that isn't censored?

20 inches per cuft is a ALOT of port area... its made to get loud and thats it

the last two boxes i heard with that much port area sounded like warm dog poo!! to each there own tho

Continuation of the edit saga: seems as though "fucked" is one variation of "****" that isn't censored?
Hahahahahaha fight censorships!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP, you can build a box inside your trunk if the opening is the issue

Lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.